What's in the bag?

Most of us are carrying something in a pocket or pouch but what's the MT we have in the bag? The one that isn't needed enough to be carried on body but is important enough to have close to hand during the course of the day.

For me it was a LM Skeletool and then a LM Charge AL. Too bulky/heavy to have on the belt for EDC but for years I would commute by bike and would daily be working with equipment so having a MT close to hand was essential.

What MT or SAK are you guys keeping in your bag rather than on person and why?

lmlove_2.jpg

When I was driving truck , I carried my LM Wingman clipped to the seat pouch on the passenger seat.
Now it's clipped for easy access in my closet/knife area

If I think I'ld need something extra, to carry for me it's a wave or kick.
As I find the swistool to heavy, it sits on the laundry bench, to use round the house.

Last edited:
It’s not a multitool, but I keep these in my bag. This allows me to keep only a SAK in my pocket and avoid pliers-based multitools altogether.

View attachment 1390778
I have the same in my bag and for the same reason. With these and a hex key in the bag and a SAK on my belt I retired the multitools above from my bag and daily carry. They're very good pliers, punch way way above what you might imagine for the size.

The only "bags" I have a a small and large camping oriented pack in each of my two vehicles. They contain the ability to survive in the wild or an urban environment -food, cooking, water, fire, shelter, clothing, tools, etc. We don't speak of firearms but any available are usually on my person (Idaho dontcha know). Same with edged items. Bigger in the packs, smaller on my person. I simply thing of them as daypacks. That said, I keep two containers in my Land Cruiser from my SAR days with appropriate gear.

BTW, these little kits are in my glove box (a duplicate in each vehicle). More for hiking that tool/urban use but still, it's cool what you can put in a small Leatherman nylon pouch with loops on the side.

50186694946_92627d49ab_h.jpg

50186952022_e6ddd22957_h.jpg

I usually have the Vic One-Handed Trekker in my carry bag (usually sling bag) when I'm in the woods. I keep a SOG PowerPint in my pickup and a Vic Spirit in my work bag. The work bag hasn't seen much duty since Covid-19 hit. Probably need to move a full sized multi-tool to my pickup. That would be a bit redundant with the PowerPint, but it has larger accessory tools (heavier pliers and bigger screw drivers mostly as compared to the PowerPint). The PowerPint has both plain and serrated blades as accessories.

I'm currently working on a new EDC 'bag' tool. Probably a SAK Ranger (91mm) to compliment my Knipex. Since moving my LM Charge on to my bike bag I've had nothing in the bag save a Pioneer Farmer which is there more cause I like it than because I actually need it in there. I always have my Spartan on person.

SAK_1_3763__S1.jpg

Pomsbz Pomsbz I need to assemble a "bike bag" as well and you have given me ideas. I however have a number of pliers-based multi-tools that would work well there. Pliers are quite useful at times if you ride bikes much. Bikes are an old activity for me that has fallen by the way side and I'm trying to rekindle at the moment. I stay at home too damn much.

15-juice-cs4-side-fanned-blue.png

I carry a Leatherman Juice CS4 because it is the lightest multitool I could find that has all main things I require, and that complement whichever SAK I carry in the pocket:
  • pliers with wire cutters, (not as full size as others MT, but large enough to do serious work)
  • scissors
  • saw
  • bottle opener
In addition, it provides a backup blade, can/bottle opener, and screwdrivers.

15-juice-cs4-side-fanned-blue.png

I carry a Leatherman Juice CS4 because it is the lightest multitool I could find that has all main things I require, and that complement whichever SAK I carry in the pocket:
  • pliers with wire cutters, (not as full size as others MT, but large enough to do serious work)
  • scissors
  • saw
  • bottle opener
In addition, it provides a backup blade, can/bottle opener, and screwdrivers.
Haven't they just retired the Juice line? Seems a shame, a lot of good in them.

Haven't they just retired the Juice line? Seems a shame, a lot of good in them.
I think that they did... but I got mine used for $25 already after they did. I agree that it was a pity that they retired it. I think that it is ideal for urban/office EDC, in which one wants something light and compact. As far as I know, there is nothing else out there that fills the same need.

I think that they did... but I got mine used for $25 already after they did. I agree that it was a pity that they retired it. I think that it is ideal for urban/office EDC, in which one wants something light and compact. As far as I know, there is nothing else out there that fills the same need.
They're stupidly expensive now, you pay the same for a used one as a brand new LM Wave and a new Juice is around the price of a Charge! Crazy world.

They're stupidly expensive now, you pay the same for a used one as a brand new LM Wave and a new Juice is around the price of a Charge! Crazy world.

I have an old juice, shame to retire practical model.

Talk about price gouging cone to Oz.
Current Wave prices from genuine leatherman sites.

Leatherman US=$99.95USD
Leatherman Aus=$249.95AUD

Current conversion rate means for a Wave here is approx $180US

Lucky I always look for a sale.:eek::D

It’s not a multitool, but I keep these in my bag. This allows me to keep only a SAK in my pocket and avoid pliers-based multitools altogether.

View attachment 1390778

Knipex are damn good pliers. I have several - from the tiny ones all the way up to the huge button lock adjustable smooth jaw like these:

upload_2020-8-6_17-14-41.png

I always have one or two of the small - medium ones in my bag.

You're gonna love this... went to my son's for a project today. I packed a bag of basics.. fixed blade, sunscreen, water bottle, stuff like that plus my pockets of EDC knives..
Within 30 minutes I needed a multi tool . Oops! Had to borrow my son's Wave. Next time I be better prepared.

Back