What's in your survivor car kit?

I've been a bit absent lately for various reasons but one big one is actually good!! I have avoided bring it up as I don't want it to come across as humble bragging? For those who remember some of my old posts, I sold my car 2.5 yrs ago and bought a bicycle to commute to work yr round to help save money for a house. Sep 1, on our 3 yr anniversary, my wife and I moved in!! That's all to get to my next point.... for the past two yrs I have been planning and building and modifying my kit for a car I didn't have. Shortly after the house, I was able to get a truck and here we are. Of course it's anchored by my necker 2, a bulldog of an edc that is right at home in the car. Kit 1, is the easily accessible kit meant to store most used items. The bigger kit and first aid kit hold extra or redundant items. I have a ski cap(a lesson I learned the hard way in a freak snow storm) and an emergency bivouac shelter. Made in USA shades and of course a completely empty money clip(see above haha)

c11fa3e9d2cdbe3a1d500f130c5b6da9.jpg
9ace12d3c09f7f282942064bc85b592b.jpg
9229f0f705cbec4ad024933061d7fc8d.jpg
aee9dd79f40a398bd1c5991304e943a4.jpg

I also have ratchet straps/a blanket/ more cord/ a bunch of chemlights in the back

Let's see everyone's survivor car kits, or wish list items!?

First off congratulations. Sounds amazing. I don't have any pictures of the items I keep in my truck. However there is a lot of them. Will have to revisit this thread once I get some pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off congratulations. Sounds amazing. I don't have any pictures of the items I keep in my truck. However there is a lot of them. Will have to revisit this thread once I get some pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ATVGuy! I look forward to seeing/reading what you bring along. I have also thought about adding a backpack that wouldn't live in the car but could be yet another supplement. a couple of other funny notes:

1.The little black pouches are not condoms (though they look like them) but rather moist towelettes for when a chili dog has too much chili
2.When i pulled the various kits out, my wife said and I quote: " are you changing up those kits again?!" so it's safe to say i'm excited to see what other people use because I am always looking to improve what I carry.

Cheers!
Redwood

Huge congratulations on getting a home and a truck also bud!!!
Those are some well set up kits. You seem to always have your gear packs so nicely organized!

I don't have a pic yet, but among the stuff I keep in the car:

a small fixed blade knife, flashlight and extra batteries (cr123 based) going to add a headlamp soon, reflective vest, work gloves, gloves for warmth, ski cap, rain jacket, emergency blanket, old pair of boots, sunglasses, baseball cap, duct tape, cord.
Being an EMT, I have a small bag with a nice amount of first aid supplies in it.

Congrats!
Wow that's a killer set up, I need to to get one together for sure

What's not seen is a blanket, full sized towels, leatherman Wave, pens, a charging kit that can jump a car and a full change of cloths with 2 jackets.

Nice kits guys! I generally just have my Glock 23, spare mag, Sig P238, headlamp, Benchmade Northfork (CA doesn't allow concealed fixed blades), lighter, and a case of water in my truck. It's because my office is only about 10 miles from my home. However, if I'm traveling long distance for work, family road trips, or heading up to the Sierra's I have a pretty large truck kit. The gear is stored in a large Rubbermaid bin that includes food, stove, fuel, batteries, Goal Zero solar charger, emergency blankets, tarp, flashlights, flat tire kit, battery jump starter, extra ammo, walkie talkies, First Aid kit, fuel siphon, flares, and a wool blanket. I also have a BOB with clothing, flashlights, knives, Leatherman Wave, firestarter kit, map, compass, and a bunch of other stuff. I probably need to pare down my large bin because I'm finding when we do our camping trips that I leave it behind because it takes up so much room in the bed of the truck. Granted our packs usually have it's own "Survival" gear should we need too. I just make sure I grab the jump starter, flat tire gear, and a bin of Mountain House food.

Kit looks very cool. How about a content list, I don't recognize a bunch of things.

Sure thing!

Picture Number 1:
Customized Necker 2
Oakley money clip (sans money)
Titan Paracord Emergency bivy bag
Kifaru 1000d Admin Pouch
ITS Tactical BOO BOO Kit + first aid kit
PDW Beanie Cap
PDW Admin pouch(with a GORUCK flag patch and random patch from amazon)
Randolph Engineering Sunglasses

Picture Number 2 (Inside the PDW Pouch):
Maratac Cache XL Pull (with tooth picks i think)
Four Sevens Brass Flash light
ANSO Go For tool TAD Edition
Brass Embassy Pen
all of the above are attached to the PDW velro admin panel (the inside of the pouch is simply velcro)

Second side:
Aleve
Tylenol
Chap Stick
Pepto
DPX HIT Cutter

All of those are stored in blue force gear velcro loops
The batteries are SureFIRE batteries in a velcro battery loop

Picture Number 3 (inside the Kifaru pouch):
Manker Flashlight
Benchmade sheepsfoot M4 Mini-Grip all blacked out with G-10 from BM
Fisher Space Pen
Milwaukie "sharpie"
Bourbon flavored tooth picks
Leatherman Supertool (black)
2 notebooks
more batteries in a case i got off amazon
there is a Boker manicure kit back there (specifically nail clippers and scissors)

Picture Number 4:
Titan Survival Blanket
a couple of moist towels in the black "condom wrappers"
Ranger bands in the larger black pouch
red bandana
extra bandaids
short lightening charger
gloves and bandage scissors
paracord

Last edited:
Huge congratulations on getting a home and a truck also bud!!!
Those are some well set up kits. You seem to always have your gear packs so nicely organized!

Congrats!
Wow that's a killer set up, I need to to get one together for sure

Congrats on your new home! Happy for you bud :thumbup:

Thanks guys! I wavered on sharing, but wanted to also explain why I haven't been around lately (the slow death of my home computer also contributes). As the initial thrust of diy home projects is dying down, hopefully I'll be able to stay more active!

Nice kits guys! I generally just have my Glock 23, spare mag, Sig P238, headlamp, Benchmade Northfork (CA doesn't allow concealed fixed blades), lighter, and a case of water in my truck. It's because my office is only about 10 miles from my home. However, if I'm traveling long distance for work, family road trips, or heading up to the Sierra's I have a pretty large truck kit. The gear is stored in a large Rubbermaid bin that includes food, stove, fuel, batteries, Goal Zero solar charger, emergency blankets, tarp, flashlights, flat tire kit, battery jump starter, extra ammo, walkie talkies, First Aid kit, fuel siphon, flares, and a wool blanket. I also have a BOB with clothing, flashlights, knives, Leatherman Wave, firestarter kit, map, compass, and a bunch of other stuff. I probably need to pare down my large bin because I'm finding when we do our camping trips that I leave it behind because it takes up so much room in the bed of the truck. Granted our packs usually have it's own "Survival" gear should we need too. I just make sure I grab the jump starter, flat tire gear, and a bin of Mountain House food.

I like your solution for longer journeys, being new to a truck setup I wasn't sure of the best way to add gear without filling the cab. I have plenty of spare roughneck bins. I might try that out on my next camping trip.

My cc is a sig 938, talo special (OD green/black to match my survive line up) I think I prefer the 238 proportions, but was too lazy to stock 2 different ammo types. Nice choice!

I like your solution for longer journeys, being new to a truck setup I wasn't sure of the best way to add gear without filling the cab. I have plenty of spare roughneck bins. I might try that out on my next camping trip.

My cc is a sig 938, talo special (OD green/black to match my survive line up) I think I prefer the 238 proportions, but was too lazy to stock 2 different ammo types. Nice choice!

It makes it pretty easy because it sits in the garage, until we plan to go somewhere. I also have one of the Bakflip steel rolling Tonneau covers, which provides some security as well. Also, installed a Gun Vault in my center console, so I keep my spare gun and ammo in there. That way if we stop somewhere everything is relatively secure, unless they steal the whole truck.

I really like the P238 because it's small enough to just drop in my pocket, accurate, and easy to shoot. I've always been a 1911 fan and have a Nighthawk Talon on my permit as well, but don't find myself wanting to pack a full size 1911 on a regular basis. The Glock and Sig will do the job :)

It makes it pretty easy because it sits in the garage, until we plan to go somewhere. I also have one of the Bakflip steel rolling Tonneau covers, which provides some security as well. Also, installed a Gun Vault in my center console, so I keep my spare gun and ammo in there. That way if we stop somewhere everything is relatively secure, unless they steal the whole truck.

I really like the P238 because it's small enough to just drop in my pocket, accurate, and easy to shoot. I've always been a 1911 fan and have a Nighthawk Talon on my permit as well, but don't find myself wanting to pack a full size 1911 on a regular basis. The Glock and Sig will do the job :)

I hear yea! I have a full size beretta but didn't want to carry that. The 938 is big enough to shoot accurately and small enough to be inconspicuous. My tonneau cover is vinyl with ribs. Looks good but not super secure. That said I still like the idea of the go-box and will definitely look into it.

I hear yea! I have a full size beretta but didn't want to carry that. The 938 is big enough to shoot accurately and small enough to be inconspicuous. My tonneau cover is vinyl with ribs. Looks good but not super secure. That said I still like the idea of the go-box and will definitely look into it.

The go-box is definitely nice to have ready because we sometimes decides on spontaneous trips to the mountains for the weekend. It's really easy to grab and slide in the bed. I also adjust the gear inside of it for different seasons depending on the weather conditions we may encounter. For the most part is adds peace of mind should something happen. However, I have used some of the contents for the family and kids. Driving through Yellowstone the kids got hungry and we were an hour and a half off the main roads. Just pulled over took the emergency kit out, used the Jetboil, and cooked them up some Mountain House. Crisis averted of having to listen to two kids telling us they're starving..haha

Thanks guys! I wavered on sharing, but wanted to also explain why I haven't been around lately (the slow death of my home computer also contributes). As the initial thrust of diy home projects is dying down, hopefully I'll be able to stay more active!

Congrats RW!!!!!

I've been a bit absent lately for various reasons but one big one is actually good!! I have avoided bring it up as I don't want it to come across as humble bragging? For those who remember some of my old posts, I sold my car 2.5 yrs ago and bought a bicycle to commute to work yr round to help save money for a house. Sep 1, on our 3 yr anniversary, my wife and I moved in!! That's all to get to my next point.... for the past two yrs I have been planning and building and modifying my kit for a car I didn't have. Shortly after the house, I was able to get a truck and here we are. Of course it's anchored by my necker 2, a bulldog of an edc that is right at home in the car. Kit 1, is the easily accessible kit meant to store most used items. The bigger kit and first aid kit hold extra or redundant items. I have a ski cap(a lesson I learned the hard way in a freak snow storm) and an emergency bivouac shelter. Made in USA shades and of course a completely empty money clip(see above haha)

I also have ratchet straps/a blanket/ more cord/ a bunch of chemlights in the back

Let's see everyone's survivor car kits, or wish list items!?

RW sorry I missed this post but Congrats on all the great news!!!

Back