What's so special about the Busses?

Yes, I know Cobalt. After all, what (or who) could be more asinine than someone who cannot spell asinine referring to someone else as "asinine?" Cute avatar, you're not too quick though. :D

you are still ASSenine in my book. :thumbup:

and this link proves the point without a doubt. Good job Guyon. Oh, and Don, I was late because I have another life unlike you:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5074588&postcount=406

I guess you really do want to make this thread go to 30 pages. :D

Edited to add, that I cannot believe I have lowered my self to the level of a Rearic. No more mental midgetness for me. Ranger has read what I said and he can discuss directly with Busse his personal issues and agenda.

If you wish to continue, Rearic, go ahead since your continued moronic attacks will fall on deaf ears. You have not had one productive sentence in this whole thread and that speaks volumes about you.

WOW. Look at all that has happened since I last checked this thread. Lots of junk cluttering up this thread (IMO) but I guess that's just how it goes.

leopardprey: Just a suggestion in case you haven't tried it already. Reprofile your knives for your needs. I have reprofiled many Busse knives, And they cut through rope, and much more, superbly. Good luck.

As for being a cult? That is just stupid. Well I gotta go as I am late for the 7pm prayer where we Infiholics all do air chops, around the world, in Jerry's general direction. That and the cool aide is ready. :D

you are still ASSenine in my book.

I know, you wallow in your own ignorance and then try to make a joke out of it. Typical.

...and this link proves the point without a doubt. Good job Guyon.

Proves nothing, that's all you have which means you have nothing.

Oh, and Don, I was late because I have another life unlike you...

I know, I know. I know all of the personal attacks, I've been here since the place was started, you're nothing new.

I guess you really do want to make this thread go to 30 pages.

It's inevitable.

Edited to add, that I cannot believe I have lowered my self to the level of a Rearic.

Oh, come on now Mr. Anonymous Puss, all Rearics?

No more mental midgetness for me.

In order for this to become a reality, you would have to taste gun oil tonight, one can only hope.

If you wish to continue, Rearic, go ahead since your continued moronic attacks will fall on deaf ears. You have not had one productive sentence in this whole thread and that speaks volumes about you.

Uh, yeah...you can't spell and try to turn it into a joke. What could be more pathetic and in this case, illustrative, of your intellect?

Here ya go, this is your level: :jerkit:

Cobolt, It is almost as if you can stand the fact that someone like me, who once owned 8 Busse knives, decided after using them that they were not really the best and most most practical and I sold them. No where in any of my post did I insult Jerry or yourself or have any hidden agenda against Busse Knives. I quoted my opinions based on my usage and experience. That is what I meant about "cultish", bring up any disagreement over Busse knives and instantly al the defenses come out from the extreme collectors of Busse knives. If you like Busse and want to buy and use, that is OK, you can do that. But, don't try to tell me they are the best or better, cause I have used them in the junlges and wilderness and found out there were better alternatives out there. All the Busse fanatics are cringing and thinking it must be some secret agenda and grudge I have, because it just can not be possible that somebody actually found their Cold Steel LTC Khuk to work better for them in the Jungle than a Battle Mistress and he sold the Battle Mistress. Oh my!!!! World has come to an end!! LOL LOL And oh my, somebody who has actually spent the last 6 years overseas in Combat zones and using their knives questioning the superiority of Busse, and selling off all their Busses. Can not be happening. Must be lies! LOL LOL You also state Busses are not fighting knives and not marketed as such, that is kind of strange since it is "Busse Combat". All I asked is there are claims by Busse and forum members of military overruns and orders for units, I just would like to know which unit ordered a bunch of Busse knives. Curious as to which unit? Having a disagreement and talking about the negatives of a material object, does not and should not insult an individual. Unless one has become so close to that object that he veiws it as an Idol. It is just a knife. I think you are so personal with Busse Knives that you read more into my post than there is. (you seem to forgot how I stated I liked my NO ZT and am keeping, though the Choil annoys me). My post were not to be personal, but on how I found other knives better suited than Busse.

leopardprey: You are free to your opinions of course. Like we all are. No worries.

I use my knives hard and only have users. I have a total of three Busse knives. One is the AK47 (19 years of FMA background = I have a thing for quality swords :D). Then I have an FFBM (chopper) and a BATAC SE (all around user). I have used other brands, even Cold Steel, and Busse worked much better for me. Better ergonomics, better performance at chopping and splitting wood. And, yes, they even pry like nobody's business.

I have sort of lost focus on this thread but I could see how some might take blanket statements such as "Busse knives don't cut or chop well" the wrong way. No, I am not quoting anyone here. If that is an opinion then that is perfectly fine. But if it is being offered as fact then it is plain wrong. I've used them, video taped some simple performance tests, and they perform very well for me.

We all have different needs and experiences. Which is a good thing. Just my 2 cents. :)

However, I am on the lookout for an EDC. The Busse models I have tried just don't have enough front guard for my tastes. I need more security there. Just one of my things again. ;) So, yes, I will be looking at other brands out there. Lots of good stuff.

leopardprey: Sorry if I missed this in all the posts here but what exactly did the Battle Mistress suck at chopping? What were you chopping? Was it the Ergo, Straight, or Fusion handle? I am asking because the FFBM has proved to be an excellent chopper for me.

FFBM -vs- 2x4 (FFBM still with factory edge).

Nothing fancy but it certainly does not suck.

excellent post and well put.

i will only disagree with the highlighted portion. no one cares if someone finds a knife that better suits their needs.

what is offensive is the stance of attack and insults that accompany "why does someone like..." type threads.

attack jerry, the company, any of us, and we will get defensive.

That's fair, can't really blame people for getting upset when they're insulted, even if it is in a reasonably tame backhanded kind of a way. But the reason I put it this way is that the response to these kinds of little digs doesn't always relate to the actual insult itself.

leopardprey did have a little barb in there in his original post about the busse community "...the Busse Forums does seem too cultish and weird. It is like people who do not have a life, so they just get more and more Busses and talk about how great the knives are...". But the response didn't address that part of his post, instead it attacked his qualifications, experience, the fact that he liked a Cold Steel knife, etc. About all that needed to be said was something to the effect of "Show a little respect, buddy, you wouldn't like it if I went on a military forum and made sweeping generalizations about people in the military" or something to that effect. Sure, its probably just tit-for-tat you insulted me now I'm going to insult you, but it starts to look like like it is his preferences that are the problem, not just a careless slight directed broadly at the community.

Unrelated to the above, but perhaps more closely related to the topic of this thread, I quite like Rat Finkenstein's suggestion for the Busse Woodcraft knife. I confess that I gave up hope earlier on when I saw several designs with that infernal choil, but I see now I gave up too early. It ditches the choil, but retains the Busse look.

woodsblade3.jpg

Or, as is the tradition in the Busse community...

I'll take it!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

That's fair, can't really blame people for getting upset when they're insulted, even if it is in a reasonably tame backhanded kind of a way. But the reason I put it this way is that the response to these kinds of little digs doesn't always relate to the actual insult itself.

leopardprey did have a little barb in there in his original post about the busse community "...the Busse Forums does seem too cultish and weird. It is like people who do not have a life, so they just get more and more Busses and talk about how great the knives are...". But the response didn't address that part of his post, instead it attacked his qualifications, experience, the fact that he liked a Cold Steel knife, etc. About all that needed to be said was something to the effect of "Show a little respect, buddy, you wouldn't like it if I went on a military forum and made sweeping generalizations about people in the military" or something to that effect. Sure, its probably just tit-for-tat you insulted me now I'm going to insult you, but it starts to look like like it is his preferences that are the problem, not just a careless slight directed broadly at the community.

Unrelated to the above, but perhaps more closely related to the topic of this thread, I quite like Rat Finkenstein's suggestion for the Busse Woodcraft knife. I confess that I gave up hope earlier on when I saw several designs with that infernal choil, but I see now I gave up too early. It ditches the choil, but retains the Busse look.

Or, as is the tradition in the Busse community...

I'll take it!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

sometimes the "tame backhanded" insults are the worst. because instead of coming right out and making a statement, someone tries to hide the insult in a series of smilies or "lol"s.

this has been happening a lot lately, especially with busse, cold steel, and sebenzas.

as for the busse forum, we're a close knit group, as has been said. new comers are welcome so long as they dont act like a jack ass, which has been known to happen.

i dont go in to someone else's house and tell them what's what.

and if rat's mock up ever gets made, it would likely be my most used knife, ever!!

This thread is ridiculous. Those of you focussed on insulting each other need to stop. Infractions coming right up if this continues.

Agree or disagree on the knives, say whatever you please about how effective you find them, feeling offended by someone's opinion of an inanimate object is no excuse to insult them personally.

I am closing this thread for one day to allow you to rethink your behavior.

Back