What's the current wait?

Just out of curiosity, what's the current wait time for an order from the Randall factory?

I'm selling my Randalls (to finance other projects at the moment), and wondered what kind of timeline I'd be facing when seller's remorse catches up with me.

:( :rolleyes:

Ron, As of two days ago, March 20, 2002, the order turn-around for your Randall Knife is 40 months. /// Rhett Stidham

Yes, the wait when ordering directly from RMK is long BUT, when I called them I was encouraged to contact a local/regional knife company that functions as a defacto "manufacturer's rep." I did and was immediately able to purchase two new RMKs (I had no model or materials choices-just what was on hand) AND I was able to secure a "slot" for delivery of my choice RMK in April, '03- just slightly over a year from now. Where there's a will there's a way, I guess.
Good luck.

Yep, I just put in an order in March, ETA is June 2005. :(

Local dealers seem to have "stock" new Randalls for around $200 over "catalog" price.

Justin

$200 over catalog price! Wow! Shades of Harley Davidson dealers. The #s 26 and 16 mentioned in my reply above were not marked up over catalog at all. In fact both (and a third I didn't buy) were customer ordered knives; one was an order mistake by the employee who does the RMK orders and the customer declined to buy it when it came in and the other two were ordered properly but when they arrived the customers had "changed their minds" and I just happened on the situation at the right time. The one I didn't buy was an Alaskan Skinner, model #21 I think, stock configuration and really a beautiful knife. I was tempted but just couldn't use it. But the dealer made no attempt to sell to me at above catalog price. Again, I would suggest NOT ordering direct from Randall because of the tremendously long wait. Instead, call them and ask if there is a local or regional "manufacturer's rep" near you and maybe tie into the rep's order schedule and anual allotment from RMK (if that allows you to get your knife more quickly). Also, it might make sense to tell the folks at RMK about the dealer's excessive (I think) mark-up and see what their position on such behavior is. Good Luck!

HTMD:

Thanks for the advice. No kidding, this was at the Valley Forge, PA gunshow a few weeks back. Randall #1 for $450. I also saw a few "stock" #14s and #15s, all for significantly more than catalog.

As for the one I've got coming in 2005, I doubt I will find one in that configuration so it's worth the wait. I was taught to use a saber grip so I doubt I'm gonna find a Model 14 Attack with single hilt and thumb notches. :(

I'll actually be down in Florida in August, maybe I can stop by the shop and see what they have.

Justin

I am speaking out of turn, but I think Greg Gutcher's next available date is July /03 and Dave Harvey at Nordic Knives is advertising April /03 on his web page.
It is alot longer if you order directly from RMK.

Back