What's the Latest Word on the Folder?

I haven't checked in for awhile, so I'm wondering......when is it going to happen? How many people are in front of me on the waiting list? How can I get on the waiting list? Notice I am assuming that the operative term here is "waiting list.":D Has there been a teaser picture yet or is Jerry still keeping everyone in maximum suspense?

Peter,
I haven't heard anything about the folder for quite some time, nor have I seen any pictures. You can get on a waiting list by calling your friendly neighborhood Busse dealer. I talked to Dr. Dumouchel has has cured my Busse itch every time:)

Shawn

Dark Nemesis, you're right. There is nothing on earth that rivals a Strider AR/GB folder right now.

Any specs on the Busse folder?
Or pictures?

I am also looking for a folder to rival the Strider AR.

0.25" INFI might be a good start...

Mark

Heck, I've had a prototype Busse folder for almost 6 months. It's a kick arse folder for sure!!!!!!!!

I spoke to the nice gentleman at the Busse booth yesterday.
I believe his name was Mark.
Anyway, here's what I could glean from him about the folder:
Ti handle slabs, compression lock, just over 3" blade length, INFI steel, priced like a large Sebenza (the obvious target), available before the end of the year.
OK, so that's not as good as a picture, but it'll have to do.
And while I'm on the subject of tough folders, what's up with the Strider folders?
I spoke to Mick Strider for a few minutes and was impressed at his genuineness (is that a word). Bear in mind that this was the first time I've ever seen or held a Strider knife and I was really looking forward to handling several of the folders. He had none for sale and only had his personal folder to peruse. Before handing it to me, he said that he needed to loosen up the action as he just overhauled it that morning. Apparently, the tension is adjustable. Well, he pulled out a Leatherman and loosened up the pivot bolt before handing it to me. Wow, did it ever fill my hand and feel tough. Not for my med sized hands though. Anyway, the action was (excuse me Mick and all other Strider lovers) not smooth. It definitely wasn't a one hand opening folder for me. What gives? I mean, every Sebenza I've ever handled has felt almost exactly the same. Not sure if the adjustable action is a benefit or draw back. Someone please educate me on this.
Thanks,
Lenny

Originally posted by Lenny
Ti handle slabs, compression lock, just over 3" blade length, INFI steel, priced like a large Sebenza (the obvious target), available before the end of the year.

Are you serious :eek: ? This is some of the first real info on this knife as of yet. Good job Lenny!

Oh, and the folder sounds AWESOME!

Originally posted by Lenny
I spoke to the nice gentleman at the Busse booth yesterday.
I believe his name was Mark.
... available before the end of the year.

Hahahahahahahahah!
Stop it, you're killin' me :D :D

Cliff,
Unfortunately, all I know is what the gentleman (Mark) behind the Busse table told me.
Doesn't the Ocelot also have the compression lock or am I confusing apples and oranges?
Thanks,
Lenny

Yes, I think more than the Gunting feature the compression lock, I am not sure which models.

-Cliff

Guys ti handle slabs. Perhaps a frame lock compression lock like the upcoming Spydie ATR (of which the pics have apparently disappeared)?
Personally, in a heavy duty folder, I'd like to see more than "just over 3 inches".
Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

I'd like to thank Marc for keeping the Busse Code of Silence and following our golden rule of, "When in doubt. . . . Mislead" ;)

Here's what I can share. . . . It folds. . .sometimes. . . .It opens . . .. sometimes. .. . . It weighs slightly less than a pound and comes with its own training wheels.

Yours in folding dreams of INFI,

Jerry

Jerry,
You are one sadistic dude!
And I thought I was really onto something!
Yours in Nuclear Confusion,
Lenny

Back