What's the story with Böker?

Wurger190

Basic Member
If there's anything this thread has proven, it's how Böker should stop with all their vague productlines and just completely consolidate their core business into making mermaid knives.
It seems Kershaw is going down a similar route, just had an advert for a Kershaw special at a big retailer, pages and pages of varied and odd looking knives...

Zulus

Gold Member
Just another manufacturer gone East (deep) !!
And sink ...

I got a few Bokers from a local company. I think they contract with Boker and make limited runs of knives for them. All the knives have excellent fit and finish, blades are D2 or Sandvik 12C27, functional design.

strategy9

Gold Member
So browsing the Hogue website last night, appears that through all the various outsourcing channels used by Boker, a few exclusive OTF's for the Boker+/BokerUSA lines were actually made by Hogue... who knew?

Smaug

Gold Member
If there's anything this thread has proven, it's how Böker should stop with all their vague productlines and just completely consolidate their core business into making mermaid knives.
Ha! I don't know, as it's one of two Bokers I have.

Anyway, here's my daughter's "mini review" of the Boker Mermaid:

(At this time, the 4k version is processing, so if you watch it right away, it's low rez.)

Lodd

Gold Member
I loved that mini review. Youtube rightly puts the video right next to Nick Shabazz, so she's got a bright future ahead!

A couple of the best knives that I have are Bokers. The W.C. Davis Hunter II, one is a slipjoint, olive green micarta and N690, the other is a lockback, burgundy micarta and S30V. Boker has a large variety of knives, from very inexpensive made in China products up to several hundred dollars.