What's the worst your S!K has seen?

Lol. I feel a little silly for even bringing it up, but that is the worst I've got, and I have flat wailed on that thing. Nothing else even left a mark. And I guess that's my point, it has just ate up everything and asked for more.

Are you gonna get a new one and see which one wins?

Sorry, this is the best I can get. They are very small, but there are a couple there about in the middle of the picture. It's not going to take much to put it in top shape.

Are you messing with us? WHAT damage :p

I will sit down this weekend and take some new pictures of my GSO-10, but she has seen the most action of mine, including unintentional chopping through barbed wire and heavy fence 'staples' (spikes)... and of course the 'freckling' incidents :D:

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

GSO-10%2Btree-spike%2Bimpact.JPG

You can also see the chip in this shot:

P1040846.JPG

Really enjoy both of these blades

P1040668.JPG

I'll also need to take some new shots of my 5.1, that blade has some 'blemishes' now. But you've all probably seen my videos testing some of these, and some of those tests are just exaggerated forms of normal use - cutting but also digging and a bit of pounding, I'm not trying to sever nails and bolts or anything but these tools can handle a LOT of what some might describe as mis-use or abuse. I'm a fan :thumbup:

Are you messing with us? WHAT damage :p

Lol. Okay, when I get home I will find some way to get a better shot. But the 'what damage' is what I was trying to convey. I think if a guy stays out of metal, bone, and rocks, it's going to be awfully hard to hurt a GSO.

Chiral, if you have not seen the D3V videos, you are gonna love it.

Oh yeah, I even commented on one of the early threads started on Nathan's D3V vs 3V vs INFI comparison video: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...using-S!K-with-Peter-s-HT-(Industry-Standard)

Are there now videos from D3V users besides Lorien and Nathan? Need some independent testing vids :cool:

I am VERY much looking forward to getting some D3V in hand, be it from "CPK" or from S!K, though I'm not much good at pouncing on limited-run blades (which is good, it keeps me out of abject poverty :p ) so I might actually get one through Guy and Ellie first. Eitherway, when I do, I will "test" it same as I did in the CF-V 4.7 video against INFI and others. Bring it on. :)

Oh yeah, I even commented on one of the early threads started on Nathan's D3V vs 3V vs INFI comparison video: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...using-S!K-with-Peter-s-HT-(Industry-Standard)

Are there now videos from D3V users besides Lorien and Nathan? Need some independent testing vids :cool:

I am VERY much looking forward to getting some D3V in hand, be it from "CPK" or from S!K, though I'm not much good at pouncing on limited-run blades (which is good, it keeps me out of abject poverty :p ) so I might actually get one through Guy and Ellie first. Eitherway, when I do, I will "test" it same as I did in the CF-V 4.7 video against INFI and others. Bring it on. :)

Excellent. I love my knives too much to destroy one for the sake of it. If I was being paid to, that would be different. Then I would do chop up a car.

#1. Don't anybody mistake this as a complaint. I knew what I was doing and I know how to fix it.

#2. I was able to get a close-up to focus finally and since it is magnified it is going to look worse than what it is, so think somewhere in between the earlier picture and this one.

#1. Don't anybody mistake this as a complaint. I knew what I was doing and I know how to fix it.

#2. I was able to get a close-up to focus finally and since it is magnified it is going to look worse than what it is, so think somewhere in between the earlier picture and this one.

That bone is no joke. That almost looks like rock chips.

That's 1.5" of blade in the picture, and it measures about 9" across on my screen. That translates to the worst nick a maximum of .020" or approximately as wide as a paper matchbook cover is thick. Easy fix, but definitely not a recommended practice. Still, how do we know how things will hold up without pushing a little, lol.

That's 1.5" of blade in the picture, and it measures about 9" across on my screen. That translates to the worst nick a maximum of .020" or approximately as wide as a paper matchbook cover is thick. Easy fix, but definitely not a recommended practice. Still, how do we know how things will hold up without pushing a little, lol.

Now I can see it :) I agree with Standard78, looks like rock chip :( But yeah, gotta push to see the benefits. A few swipes on a rod/crok-stik to add a microbevel in place of those chips and then repeat! Can't let the turkey legs win :cool:

Excellent. I love my knives too much to destroy one for the sake of it. If I was being paid to, that would be different. Then I would do chop up a car.

Nothing I do to these tools ever comes close to destruction. I'm not trying to break them or even induce serious chipping, hence the use of metal gutters/roofing/cans instead of nails/bolts/screws. But as for a car, it ain't my video series (I don't have that kind of time, nor the resource) but we all know that Swamp Rat's SR101 can do it :D Part 1:

[video=youtube;mCPvSkfWzpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPvSkfWzpA[/video]

As of right now .... My sheath [emoji41][emoji41]

Still just dating, huh? I hope you find the opportunity soon to put the tool to enjoyable use, they really are well designed cutting tools :thumbup:

I had to laugh after seeing this thread and envisioning all the random testing that can go on here at times.

Testing.jpg

^Lol, Nice^

Was Guy sick of grinding 4.1's that day:D. I wish he made a video of that, it looks like the 10 won:p

Ha! Yeah, see, that right there is not something I would likely do :) THAT surely left a mark :p

Definitely do NOT recreate that photo! If I am remembering correctly, that was part of testing heat treating. In case anyone was wondering, that is what happens to scrapped blades, they become R&D guinea pigs.

Now I can see it :) I agree with Standard78, looks like rock chip :( But yeah, gotta push to see the benefits. A few swipes on a rod/crok-stik to add a microbevel in place of those chips and then repeat! Can't let the turkey legs win :cool:

Nothing I do to these tools ever comes close to destruction. I'm not trying to break them or even induce serious chipping, hence the use of metal gutters/roofing/cans instead of nails/bolts/screws. But as for a car, it ain't my video series (I don't have that kind of time, nor the resource) but we all know that Swamp Rat's SR101 can do it :D Part 1:

[video=youtube;mCPvSkfWzpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPvSkfWzpA[/video]

Still just dating, huh? I hope you find the opportunity soon to put the tool to enjoyable use, they really are well designed cutting tools :thumbup:

Dating was soo last week ... We're engaged !! [emoji12]

Back