What's under the tree this year?

TMHunt

Knifemaker/Moderator
Well, another Christmas is just days away. Most all of you have trees in your homes with presents underneath them. I know I'm typing this now by the light of our family tree knowing the only thing under it that belongs to me is the bill (damn, get the same thing every year! ;-)) But knowing my kids will have a good Christmas and also being blessed with the ability to earn money to pay for it all is reward enough for me. Something else that is rewarding to me, is being able to picture the faces of the people that will be unwrapping a T.M.Hunt Custom Knife in just a couple of days. To all of them, I hope it brings you many years of service to you, and for those that purchased them for you........thank you.

Christmas is always a busy time for me. Not only was this year no exception, but it was the most knives ive pushed out of this shop in one month ever. To the tune of almost 50 pieces, and that was just Christmas orders. Maybe,it doesn't sound like a lot. But let me say. Me and the elves have been pushing pretty damn hard. Thanks to my Dad, Murph, and our new,apprentice Allen for all pullin some extra hours to make sure T.M.Hunt custom knives does not miss holiday deliveries. Also thank you to everyone else out there with outstanding orders for their patients. You all are great and your understanding is much appreciated.......

So, lets see some knives that left here in the last couple of weeks heading to the north pole for Santa to deliver.

Granted, this isn't all of them, but these are some of my favorites.

Also managed to machine a self defense spike for a buddy that cannot carry knives on his work property, pretty cool project.

More pics later! Im beat! :)

Last edited:
Damn man, they all look amazing. Not that I'm surprised, but, damn man, they all look amazing. ;)

I love almost all of them, but #1 and 3 especially. Clean lines, comfortable-looking handles, and some protection from slipping onto the blade. Very well executed.

Um...you think a spike, which has no utility except on other humans, is going to be more acceptable than a knife? :confused: I mean, I could see a kubaton or something, but spikes are much more likely to be considered pure weapons than knives.

John

I love almost all of them, but #1 and 3 especially. Clean lines, comfortable-looking handles, and some protection from slipping onto the blade. Very well executed.

Um...you think a spike, which has no utility except on other humans, is going to be more acceptable than a knife? :confused: I mean, I could see a kubaton or something, but spikes are much more likely to be considered pure weapons than knives.

John

Born out of necessity, post #459.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...the-guy-in-the-mask-)?p=15512686#post15512686

I agree that a knife is a bit more ideal when allowed though.

The thing is, I am 100% sure that spike is more likely to get him fired or in legal trouble than a knife. With a knife, one can at least argue that it's a tool. What potential work use does that spike have?

Well, I hate to let you down since you know your 100% right, but your wrong! But, let me explain, first of all, let me be clear that I agree with 100%. So if your just out looking for a debate, you won't find it with me. Heres the situation. The friend I made this for is a maintenance man at this company, they came out with a zero tolerance rule about weapons on the premises. As far as what is considered a weapon when asked to clarify, a knife was deemed a weapon. ANY KNIFE! including the Case peanut his grandad gave him he carries and even the box cutters that this same company supplied there workers with in the shipping/recieving dept. All of those things are now immediate grounds of dismissal. Soooo, him being a maintenance man, I made this for him, called it a scribe/plumb bob and he has been approved by his management to carry it...... Now, lets back up one more time and let me reiterate that I agree with you 100% on everything your saying. But he has been o.k.ed to have this. I think its absolutely stupidly insane, but this goes to prove how stupid policies written by politicians and lawyers can be.

You must remember John, just because people like you and I may be well versed in common sense as far as what is or can be defined as a weapon. In this day of political correctness, all of that stuff gets thrown out the window to appease the clueless and the ingnorant, and while my friend is a man who refuses to put his saftey in the hands of anyone but himself, (which I agree with 100%) we whipped this out for him for if nothing else, piece of mind. I didn't make the rules. If I did, they wouldn't be this ignorant I promise.

Good day.

Last edited:
Hey, if it's been approved, more power to you! :)

Huh. Would you send me a message? I have an idea I'd like to run by you.

John

Meanwhile, back in the bat cave (and on topic)...

I'm right there with ya, Todd. I've been stressing over Christmas this year worse than any other. Not for any financial reasons, or health, but for the simple fact that my son is becoming a man right in front of me. This may very well be the last Christmas that he believes in. I've been trying to stretch out his childhood as long as I can, but he keeps aging, and changing on me. But, on the positive side, and the reason for my inexplicable relief, is that I figured out a way to make this Christmas work for us and, if it hadn't left me as broke as a joke, I'd be placing an order, or two (we'll talk about those later). Aside from that, this year has been one of the best I've had in a long, long time. So much happened this year that was nothing short of awesome. I made some great new friends like you guys, went to Becker east, went to BLADE '15, got an M18, got an awesome job that restarted my career in communications, my YouTube channel got a hell of a start, new births in the family. The list goes on. Most importantly everyone I know has stayed happy, and healthy this year. I couldn't ask for more than that. As far as my tree goes... it isn't even up yet, but it will be tomorrow, and not a minute too late. LOL. If it were... there would be a bunch of hard earned gifts (that I have yet to wrap) bought with earnings from a good year by a fellow hard working, American, MAN!!! I'm damn happy for you this year. You guys had a good one, and deserved it. I'll be jumping on our video project the second week of January, so get ready for 2016. I'm more than excited to help out any way I can, and damned proud to think I have. Thanks for your friendship, Todd. You're a awesome guy. You too, Murph. Here's to the
a$$ end of '15, lets bust open '16 like a case of BEER!!! I'll see you boys on the other side...

(drops the mic and exits stage left)

Yup, gonna end up another merry Christmas round here. Shopping is mostly done, getting my daughter tonight and I can celebrate with family and friends all week. I've got a Lil Billy bad axe for my ma and a Tradewater for my dad. The Tradewater isn't exactly a Christmas gift, but it is going to be delivered this weekend. Mom has been wanting a Lil Billy bad axe since she seen one and thinks she needs one to match her mini cleaver.

Yup, gonna end up another merry Christmas round here. Shopping is mostly done, getting my daughter tonight and I can celebrate with family and friends all week. I've got a Lil Billy bad axe for my ma and a Tradewater for my dad. The Tradewater isn't exactly a Christmas gift, but it is going to be delivered this weekend. Mom has been wanting a Lil Billy bad axe since she seen one and thinks she needs one to match her mini cleaver.

Very nice. I love them both. The presentation box is very nice to. Do y'all sell those boxes or is that a personal touch? Merry Christmas Murph!

Nothing like last minute Christmas shopping... We dropped by the TM Hunt Custom Knives corporate HQ and picked up these Billy Bad-Axes to wrap up for the guys in our family.

IMG_20151224_155224085_zpsin8thywr.jpg

Thanks, Todd!

Last edited:
Nothing like last minute Christmas shopping... We dropped by the TM Hunt Custom Knives corporate HQ and picked up these Billy Bad-Axes to wrap up for the guys in our family.

IMG_20151224_155224085_zpsin8thywr.jpg

Thanks, Todd!

Very nice Jerry. Are those all bone handle?

Back