What's wrong with a Walther P 99 in DAO?

I recently saw where I could order a Walther P 99 40 cal. at a good price. The catch is that it only comes in military green and is DAO. Are there any draw backs to the Walther DAO configuration?

Thanks!

Why spend the extra money just to have changable backstraps. If you like the style, go for a Glock. Due to the post 97 manufacturing of the Walther, you will never be able to carry the ammo capacity it was designed to carry. I myself prefer the Browning HP. Now there's a European piece that works.
recondoc

------------------
Semper Fi!
Corpsman Up! Answering the call for 103 years.
Proud member of PETA (People For The Eating of Tasty Animals)

Actually, the first production of the P99 series was in 1994, and there are pre-ban 16rd. 9mm mags still available. I have a few that I paid $100 each for.
eek.gif
I'm not sure about the .40 mags.

The only beef I have with the P99 is that, during the normal firing sequence, the bottom of my trigger finger rubs on the inside bottom of the trigger guard. This doesn't sound like a big deal on the surface, but I found it to be surprisingly disconcerting and annoying. I really like the pistol otherwise, and Walther's reputation for quality is quite good, unfortunately this one ergonomic flaw was a deal breaker for me.

------------------
Semper Fi

-Bill

Back