What's your Cold Steel EDC today?

Bird and Trout secured with a bowline with two half hitches. Weighs nothing, doesn't print under clothing.
IMG-20200430-131037016.jpg

Carrying a Hold Out 3 today. I ve been carrying this for the last few days. Very useful knife in a small package. Seems to be very strong for a great slicer.

This weekend I m carrying a Recon 1, satin blade, clip point, IWB, and a small Hold Out 3 in my pocket. That little Hold Out is a fine cutter.
I m surprised those weren't t more popular, and got discontinued.

Picked up an Immortal on the summer sale, really liking it so far. I sanded a few edges and sharp points on the handle and it feels great in hand now. The blade came very sharp and was very smooth out of the box.

Recon1 xhp for outdoor work earlier today. American Lawman s35vn now for edc.

It wasn't my EDC all day, but I did carry a Pocket Bushman this afternoon while clearing brush. (I normally have little use for a 4 1/2" blade.) However, today I was using a bank blade and I tended to cut the brush too high off the ground. I used the pocket Bushman to cut the longer stem remnants. It worked well as a "pocket machete". Very comfortable while wearing heavy leather gloves.

I used the @FortyTwoBlades method of closing the knife and found it easy and worry free.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/cold-steel-pocket-bushman.782861/#post-8781481

I will say that I have added graphite and mineral oil to all the moving surfaces. When I first got the knife the action was sticky and would occasionally hang up. With the addition of oil and graphite it functions smoothly.

Back