Whats your favorit "light and simple" EDC SAK?

I mean something thats lightweight, wont buldge your pocket, got all the essential tools you're gonna use and need and in most cases its all the SAK that you need in EDC...

when i only got a handful SAK, i never face the problem oh deciding which one i want to carry or use... but now, its not that easy hehehe....

I have EDC a supertinker,tinker small,spartan, rambler, manager, soldier alox, farmer alox, compact and waiter...they're all fine and beautiful,

but i keep on coming back to the humble 84mm sportsman.... its the most essential for me,,, the tinker small also great... thats becouse i combo them with thin alox classic in my wallet and i'm all set.

so sportsman, tinker small and classic alox got my top 3.

so whats your fav light and simple EDC SAKs guys?

thanks alot for sharing... i always enjoy your replies and opinion..

have a great day guys...

84mm Alox Lumberjack for me. Mainblade, Woodsaw, combo tool, thin, light, and got what I need on it. Second place goes to the Woodsman that Scibeer made for me. 91mm, Mainblade, Woodsaw, Awl. Just about the prefect woods companion! :)

A Camper

campern.jpg

or a Hiker

hiker.jpg

meet all my needs.

The only difference between the two is the corkscrew/phillips screwdriver. I prefer the Hiker but like the Camper too. I have both. They both fit perfectly in an Altoids tin.

I'm in IT, so having the small phillips is a huge plus for me. I've found for size, weight, and tools, the Rambler works well for me on the job. Cracked open a laptop today with it to swap hard drives. I have a bag of bigger, specific tools if needed. At home, I like a 93mm alox Soldier or Pioneer.

When it comes to light and simple, the Cadet is my favourite. It is a simple design, almost like the Pioneer, but smaller. It's a little sturdy knife, very light and thin.

01-Cadet.jpg

Even more simple are the alox Secretary and alox Excelsior. Two useful blades in a very thin package. I recently found the Secretary below. Although it's a beautiful SAK, I miss the can opener and screw drivers, which I use quite often. And that's why the Cadet is nr 1. for me.

VicSecretary.jpg

For light and simple it would be my 84mm Alox Bantam II, single layer, 2 blades...1 large, 1 small.

Soldier for me. Perhaps I would carry a Cadet sized model if it had the reamer instead of the nailfile.
adam

I really like this SAK Fieldmaster is the one I like when I want a small but capable knife on me!

Alox Soldier most days, sometimes a Compact. I like the Tinker too. I guess all of my choices would be in the "light and simple" catagory though as I don't generally like SAKs that are more than three layers.

Do I have to pick one?:D I currently EDC a Farmer and a classic although sometimes when I have a fixed blade on me I just carry the classic. The most used tools on the farmer are the blade and awl. The awl is perfect at work opening packages. Keeps the tape glue off my knife. The classic I use for grooming more than anything it seems. Tweezers are probably the most used.

I do like smaller two layer SAKs so; Sportsman, Tinker Small, Tourist, Golfer. Also I very much like my Wenger Commander, same tool selection as a Sportsman.

I usually carry a 3 or 4 layer 91mm sak but when I want or need to travel light I reach for my 84mm recruit.
I have been wanting to order a tinker small and just might do it tonight or tomorrow. It would probably bump the recruit out of it's place as my light and simple sak.
Still the recruit is a great little edc.
Jim

The Manager is my #1 "light and simple" edc SAK. (I took out the tweezers and replaced it with a toothpick, though). It's with me everywhere, no matter what I'm doing or wearing - never know it's there until I need it ..... which is truly every day!

I'm going to have to go with the mechanic model. If you need the scissors obviously go with the supertinker but I prefer pliers. Also the Explorer Plus is excellent but it's a four slot so I don't think that makes it too lightweight but it's definitely easy to pocket carry.

For light and simple it's hard to beat a one layer alox like the alox bantam.

Of course, the cadet is so light and flat, it fits right in there as well.

But there's always a classic in it's keyring sheath.

Carl.

I couldn't tell ya, because despite all of my trying the thinnest I've been able to EDC is a pioneer settler, and it was backed up by a SOG powerlock, Izula, opinel #6 and a p-38! It's a sickness I tells ya. on the other hand I managed to carry one knife only for a few days at one point, and it was a Vic Huntsman, and that doesn't really count as light or simple!

Back