What's your favorite spydie ?

As of 1:00 pm on 2/27/01 my favorite is my VG-10 Viele. I saw it in a local hunting store this afternoon and walked out with it (I paid for it first
wink.gif
). I've been looking at this knife on the Internet for sometime now because I was looking for a nice, light, "gentleman's" folder to wear with my business suits. The Viele fits the bill perfectly - it's light, well-built, hair popping sharp, looks great and is also tactical looking but not intimidating, IMHO. Although I paid a little extra by buying retail, I just had to have it.

Art

[This message has been edited by Art M (edited 02-27-2001).]

Hmmm... I think it would sound strange to many of you... but I couldn't find a SpyderCo blade that I truly like...
smile.gif
Maybe its because of the "Round Hole".
smile.gif

Anyway, the spyder blades that I've come closest to liking is the Harpy and Merlin. But I guess for claw designs, my preference goes to Emerson Sark, Microtech Kestrel and Vector, and Kershaw Talon.

On hindsight, I must really admit that there are very little claw designs that come close to beating the Harpy in terms of 'ouch' factor.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by BluErf (edited 02-28-2001).]

sorry, but you asked...
View

------------------

a cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer, if he sees it coming, that is.
Cats, The Other White Meat.{courtesy of VG}
life's tough, get a helmet.
A few of my Knives
russ aka BladeZealot

Of the 3 dozen, my Blade Forum Native is, by far, my most frequent carry.

Chris

------------------
Stay Sharp!
------------------------------
AKTI Member A000987

The Gunting, of course. I also carry the cricket & delica. I really like the Chinook, but I don't have one, it's a little heavy for me, I'm waiting on them to make a lighter version.

Jody

------------------
Keep your chins up and your blades sharp!

blue pearl inlay native. havnt gotten it yet, but i know its going to be tight when i get home and its there.

---defiant

------------------
God made man short and tall.
Samuel Colt made them equal.

I own

Endura
Endura 2
Native
Delica
Civilian
Merlin
The Endura is my favorite

Currently, I own

Military,440V plain edge
Native, 440V plain edge
Moran, '2nd generation' trailing point blade, with concealex sheath
Delicas, '98 version, one serrated other plain edge
Police, new model with ATS-55 blade,SS handle fully serrated.
Ladybug, Blue handle

The Native gets used most, so in that respect it's my favorite. The Military
is awesome! The VERY EFFICTIVE blade to handle ratio allows various grip styles,
making the Military both an excellent tactical folder and folding kitchen knife!
The Ladybug is always there, on my keyes, both for cutting chores in front of the 'sheeple' and as a last ditch defensive back-up. Think of it as a folding La Griffe. For this use I am looking forward to the new 'Meerkat'. Spyderco offers great knives: consistent quality control, decent pricing,
and thin edges for superior cutting and slicing! Well, the Native, Military and Ladybug is what I carry and use
most, so these stand out as my favorites.

Wouter

I only own an endura and 2 natives. The native is my favorite, never leave without it. When I held it at a gunshow, I bought 2 of them.

My fav is the Almite Navigator (plain edge). In fact, it's my wife's fav too!
smile.gif
She now carries it every day. Gonna have to get another one real soon.

I hear very good things about the Dragonfly, so maybe that should go on my list as well.

AJ

I have been carrying the FRN dragonfly, serrated, for the last couple of weeks.

------------------
Brian
The first knife was probably used to cut stuff.

too many to list,but
it will be 1.wayne goddard (any of them)
2.lady bug
3.delica old style
4.matriarch
5.mini neck police......ooohhh-rah

computer problems ..please forgive the multi entries

[This message has been edited by ceya one (edited 03-24-2001).]

Endura

Simple, reliable, light, sharp, versatile, affordable.

------------------
William Callahan

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without
hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd
never expect it."
-Jack Handey

Back