What's your most comfortable to use paring knife?

I've been contemplating my small kitchen knives lately. In your opinion, what is your most comfortable paring knife to use? I tend to reach for my Rada paring knives the most, but I'm sure there is much better out there.

R101.jpg

R100.jpg

These are stock photos from Rada, but mine look the same.

I like the swayback style handle for peeling onions.Turned upside down in hand,its just the best for this task & the like.
I never really liked the teardrop shaped handle much,but then Rick Menefee made us some here,and that may just be the best all arounder,after using them I had a mind change. Wood scales def. help. IMO,for a production paring knife,the Chicago cutlery is a good one,too.-Vince

I have a Menefee that is very comfortable to use. The Wharncliffe style blade shape also works well for typical paring knife duties.

DSC_0871.jpg

Most used is probably a Henkle's 3" 4 star paring knife, but most comfortable in use would be the Spyderco Paring knife which unfortunately is no longer in in production.

Most comfortable is probably a set of 3 cheaper (I think) paring knives that My mother got at William Sonoma. I sharpen the from time to time and they stay fairly sharp. I like them, they are your basic barin knife, but work well, which is what is important to me. I find that I like them more than the Shun paring knife that came with the set my mother got

img58o.jpg

I recently bought an Opinel 112:

image-7B70_4F927402.jpg

Not the fanciest paring knife I've seen...but it's pretty comfortable. I'm thinking about rounding the handles a bit to make it even better.

:cool:

Back