4-CKT Brend D/A
5-Duncan Whiplash
6-Lightfoot M1
7-Benchmade 5000
8-Dalton STC
9-Microtech Halo II
10-Cuda Aftermath

COME ON!!! Catch up piggy bank :mad:

On the custom maker side it is a Tomey Dokuga (which can be found on her website). As soon as I saw this knife I knew I had to have it in my collection. The shape of the blade, the overall style, and Tomey's skilled knife making add up to a knife I am really looking forward to getting.

Next I have a damascus and fossil ivory custom knife project in mind. I have a potential maker picked out but as this will be an expensive project it is on hold until after Blade so I will have a better idea of my budget.

On the production knife front things couldn't be better since I'm on a bit of a tactical/survival knife kick and this year there are a lot of excellent candidates. At the Blade show I'm going to be taking a close look at the Extrema Ratio line of tactical knives and I hope to pick up a knife (or so). I've already decided I want a Chris Reeve Green Beret Knife. There there is Busse and Strider. Man, it's going to be great :D!

If I can afford one, a Dozier Yukon Skinner. If money stays tight, I would like to get a Becker BK-10, and maybe an Opinal or two.

I am waiting for the Dominator. I has good specs and concept. It is also not so expensive. Sigh (I can't afford a Sebenza)!

Anything Kit Carson wants to sell me :D

Kit has a mid-tech collaboration coming out with his son and son-in-law (Mike Obenauf) that is going to be amazing. I will definately get a couple.

JR

Well, I did some knives last chistmas, a Greco folder, several moras including a nice Helle and Opinels. Then I was back on my usual gun collecting (one Springfield and two Colt 1911s including a little custom work), right now I'm back on knives a little (I just added a Camillus USMC, and a nice AFCK 806D2). For the immediate future, I want a Swamp Rat Camp Tramp and I need a Granfors Wildlife Hatchet for summer camping and wood chopping.

P.S. No need to mention any of this to the wife. It just aggrevates her "condition". ;)

My must - buy knife at the moment is a 4 - 4.5" fixed blade for outdoor utility use.

I have no idea what to buy.

I've looked at the BM Nimravus, the Ontario Impact, the Gerber Yari and a host of others, but can't make up my mind. The fact that I don't have any way of handling these knives before I buy does not help.

Guess I'll just keep on looking ......

My wife pre-ordered a Camillus Dominator for my birthday, I am having a hard time waiting for it. I am also planning on getting a multi-tool, either a Leatherman Pulse or maybe a Gerber, haven’t decided which yet. I am also going to get a Kershaw Rainbow Leek.

Eager, I see that you received a Greco folder for Christmas. Which one did you get and what do you think of it? I have had my eye on one for a while, just haven’t decided yet. For a handmade knife the price sure is right.

...a modified wharncliffe version of R. W. Clark's Model 1 hunter/utility knife. I can't imagine a sweeter fixed blade at this moment.

Other candidates for my impending poverty include:
Benchmade's 733-01 Ares with carbon fiber bolster, winewood scales, and S30V spearpoint.

Benchmade's 705-02 McHenry & Williams with aluminum handle with G10 inserts and D2 drop point.

Spyderco's Dodo, the chubby little brother of my BM921.

Spyderco's Chinook II, for those of us who like pointier, S30Ver versions of the other Chinook.

I've already picked up two small Sebbies, a Benchmade Park Avenue and a Benchmade 330 as well as a few other knives so I couldn't complain if I bought/traded nothing else all year. But I still would like to get a Benchmade 770 w/carbon fiber handle, V'nox Alox Bantam and one knife that I don't dare speak of for fear of jinxing the whole thing.

Columbia River Lightfoot M1, Camillus Black ops cqb,and maybe a Buck/Strider folder if I am really lucky!!!:D

Another Weston knife... something close to this one - just less fancy...(no engraving)...

w_100x.jpg

Korth model 1 or model 2 balisong. Hopefully before the summer is over. Its my first custom so I'm pretty excited!

Back