What's your newest Buck knife

Another online auction score. Everything else was junk, but I NEEDED another 446 Goliath.

Pictured with the spare pocket clip I will be installing once I find proper threaded inserts and matching screws to form the... Goliath Select? Pocket Goliath?

Sometimes I'm shocked I haven't received a cease and desist letter from Buck...

Anyone have a lead on threaded inserts and screw sizes? I have extra screws from a 112 Slim Pro, but I don't know the thread size. I can't get this stuff at Ace, so I'm at a bit of a loss.
Cool idea for the pocket clip on the Goliath.

Such a cool knife to begin with. Nothing says "1990's Buck Knives" like the tastefully-sized 446. I may need to dig mine out this weekend.

My buddies always get a chuckle when I pull out the Goliath to cut the sticker seal on a can of dip or to open a package.

New scales by Leroy...kinda like a new knife:)
DT0mHAl.jpeg

I got two new NS DP S30V knives in yesterday. I think I'm gonna have to slow down now for a bit. I've been watching for the DP 112's in S30V to come back into stock for a while and they finally did so I ordered right away. I decided to add a 110 in the same set up. I love the drop point in the 110 for something different and I think I'll like it in the 112 size too. And I have really come to like S30V. My brass/ebony clip point is my all around favorite for EDC.

zpnCdQt.jpeg

I was kind of disappointed with the way they were finished. I haven't got anything from the factory this far off before. The bolster on the 112 wasn't finished and I'm surprised the 110 made it past QC. I know I could send it back but I plan to rescale it so I'm not too shook up about it. Still... Maybe it was training day. Both knives were made within 2 days of each other. From a mechanical stand point they are perfect.

ntdgEqY.jpeg

I got two new NS DP S30V knives in yesterday. I think I'm gonna have to slow down now for a bit. I've been watching for the DP 112's in S30V to come back into stock for a while and they finally did so I ordered right away. I decided to add a 110 in the same set up. I love the drop point in the 110 for something different and I think I'll like it in the 112 size too. And I have really come to like S30V. My brass/ebony clip point is my all around favorite for EDC.

zpnCdQt.jpeg

I was kind of disappointed with the way they were finished. I haven't got anything from the factory this far off before. The bolster on the 112 wasn't finished and I'm surprised the 110 made it past QC. I know I could send it back but I plan to rescale it so I'm not too shook up about it. Still... Maybe it was training day. Both knives were made within 2 days of each other. From a mechanical stand point they are perfect.

ntdgEqY.jpeg
Those are HORRIBLE..:thumbsdown: User or not.. I would be on the phone!!
John:)

zpnCdQt.jpeg

ntdgEqY.jpeg
that is interesting. scale ground down like that. weirdly if it was even on both sides I'm not sure I wouldn't like it.....but that's aside. yeah send it back......

Those are HORRIBLE..:thumbsdown: User or not.. I would be on the phone!!
John:)
that is interesting. scale ground down like that. weirdly if it was even on both sides I'm not sure I wouldn't like it.....but that's aside. yeah send it back......
I know, it's really bad. It's worse in person. I smoothed the 112 out this afternoon and it's going to be a user so it's not that big a deal. I ordered some stag to experiment with on the 110 so for all intents and purposes, it won't make much of a difference either. The bolster is polished a little deep but I think it will blend in with new scales. I am not normally one to complain, but if I was buying these to give away or keep and use as they were delivered, I would have been much more disappointed. As I said above, I have had really good experiences ordering straight from the factory. This is the first order where I would feel justified in sending both back. I have no doubt Buck would make them right.

I now own another 110! I already have a regular 110 and an LT, but I decided that I wanted a second regular 110. I now own 5 Buck knives (110, 110, 110LT, Larrin 501, 119) Recently, due to some difficult circumstances, I had to sell off almost all my knives. All my customs, everything. Along with most of my guns.

This experience over the last couple months made me realize how much the 110 is genuinely useful for me. Out of all the knives I had, my Bucks were the only ones I refused to even consider selling. Almost everything else, from my Scott Gossman & Dave Beck customs to my LTWKs, Condors, and SAKs got sold. List goes on, but my 110 stays on my belt with me everywhere every day, and is excellent at performing the tasks I need it to. It’s got a combination of cutting efficiency / build strength / tip precision / handle comfort / traditional appearance / rust resistance that just gets it done for me.

Given all that, I decided I need a second 110. I want to guarantee that I’ll always have a ready-to-go standard 110 at the house, regardless of what happens to the one I’m carrying (lost/stolen/broken).

Picked it up at Walmart. Despite being bought new today (03/21/2024) the blade is from 2021. It’s a year older than the 110 I typically carry. It has perfect centering, solid lockup with no play, etc. Good Buck quality.

IMG_2880.jpegIMG_2882.jpeg

Shiny!

IMG_2883.jpegIMG_2887.jpegIMG_2890.jpeg

The grain on this one’s Ebony scales is awesome! Nice light streaks while still being mostly dark. Looks very nice imo.

IMG_2889.jpeg

Saved the packaging to put with my other Buck boxes. It’s the only clamshell-packaged Buck I’ve ever gotten, and I know most folks toss clamshells, but I never toss any knife-related packaging from Buck, or the receipts. All goes with the history of the individual knife.

Used adhesive squares to repair the clamshell back into shape, after I opened it.

IMG_2891.jpegIMG_2892.jpeg

Although it’s the same knife I already have, I’m stoked nonetheless.

Last edited:
Welcome to Episode 2 and 3 of "Spitting in the Face of the Natural Order".

Found threaded inserts and matching screws. Tested it out on the orange 110LT. I dig it with the screaming robot clip, so there it shall stay.
Finished up the 446 using a random spare pocket clip. Ended up a smidge off-line; wanted it parallel with the Buck logo... Hopefully I'll get better at setting these stupid things crammed on the end of a soldering iron.

Pictured with my 560, stripped, rebladed with a 110 blade, screw construction mod, and handmade Ti pocket clip, mimicking the contours of the 186 clip. Kinda sorta.

Attachments

• IMG_20240328_202514331.jpg
    IMG_20240328_202514331.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20240328_202508266.jpg
    IMG_20240328_202508266.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 6
I found a lightweight 110 with red micarta on the 'bay and couldn't resist. S30V steel, marked with an anvil but not 'custom shop'. What was the story on these? Copper & Clad exclusive? What year?

PXL_20240330_121237488.jpg

Last edited:
Back