What's your newest Buck knife

I believe that is a 1967 Buck. Hopefully when Larry's book is out we will have written references for confirmation, I don't trust my memory much anymore.

Funny how we sometimes form opinions about things without actually experiencing them. I was that way with trappers, and larger knives in general. Then I happened across a very nice yellow Case trapper and was hooked. Between that, a couple of tribal locks, and my recently acquired Wharncliffe copperlock, I appear to be on a large (or at least larger) knife kick. It was the same with Buck finger groove knives. I've seen lots of pictures but could never understand their appeal. Until today. I stopped by the local shop to look around and socialize. I found a little Case 6327 small stockman in blue bone and was considering it, until I happened to remember that there is a small display of Bucks over along one wall. It was pretty empty the last time I was there, but he's restocked recently. There was a nice 102 in cocobolo and brass, but I don't need another 102. A gorgeous 113 -- WOW! -- but nothing I'd ever make use of. Several other very nice Bucks... What's this? Oh, a 112FG with the new ebony covers. Eh, I'll pick it up, I guess. OMG THIS THING WAS CUSTOM MADE TO PERFECTLY FIT MY HAND I HAVE TO HAVE THIS! I wanted a 112 for years, decades probably. Finally found a nice two-dot, but can't bring my self to use it. Then I bought a 112LT and I carry it most every day. This one is definitely going to get a lot of carry and use too. (It's barely six weeks old with a 9/17/2020 date on the box.)

50548833987_8ed3a54a66_b.jpg

A bit of a departure from the knives usually posted.

Buck had their Cutlery line on sale, and since I've been wanting a better Chef's knife than what I have now, I bought this one. It arrived day before yesterday, used it last night... what a joy.

V3Jvzv0l.jpg

Last edited:
My October BOTM arrived and I have to say that I am thoroughly enamored with the handle on this one. Smooth yet almost sticky and surprisingly warm to the touch as compared to it's normal 104 sibling. Because it's so similar I also included the 632 Mesa that Makael dug up for me. For reference, the 632 fits into the standard 104 leather sheath brilliantly if anyone isn't thrilled with it's stock sheath.20201101_143155-01.jpeg

Back