Review Wheels from L-Paladin - Or how I got fooled three times.

You know the old saying: Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. When I recently bought my wheels on Aliexpress I was confident that this will work out great. I read a lot of positive feedback about the shop called L-Paladin mostly dating from 2017. I figured their quality will propably rather improve over time so I ordered an aluminium drive wheel (180x100x22 mm). Foolish as I was I expected a wheel made out of solid aluminium. What I received was a casted one but hey I thought if it works who cares. Unfortantely I did not work at all because the bore whole was not done right so the wheel woobled when the motor was spinning. Also the wheel wasn't true on one side which made things even worse. I sent vidoes to L-Paladin which they evaluated. I figured that this was a one in a million case and everyone messes up every now and then. So I suggested they sent me a new one and I will buy another contact wheel - this time a rubber coated wheel. Because L-Paladin sent the wheel with DHL express without declaring the cost of shipping I had to pay almost the same amount as I did for the first wheel in customs and DHL express fees. This would have been also not the worst thing but unfortunately the new drive wheel was even worst than the first one (it even had a large dent because someone must have thrown the wheel on the ground or something). Also the rubberized contact wheel was untrue and caused tremendous vibration when the motor was running. I contacted L-Paladin but now the weren't interested anymore in pretending the cared about the customer. "Your satisfaction is our first priority" is written on their page by the way.

So I had to contact PayPal. They offered me to sent the wheel back but I would have been responsible for shippment and I would not get reimbursed for the customs I had to pay and the DHL express fees. So I would have lost so much money that it wasn't worth sending it back. I offered L-Paladin to reimburse me around 2/3 of the price I paid them for the rubberized wheel and they accepted. Hence I let the period pass by which PayPal gave me to sent the wheel back - ignorant as I was thinking I would get reimbursed by L-Paladin.

Long story short: despite numerous requests to Pauline from L-Paladin to reimburse me the money I finally gave up. Obviously L-Paladin is not to be trusted if things go wrong. As it seems many people have been happy with what they got in the past and this made me buy from L-Paladin twice. But this was a mistake and I strongly advice you to think twice before buying crap in China. What you pay is what you get holds true when dealing with L-Paladin!

I have ordered from them one time a 10” and a 5” contact wheel. They seem to be ok but they charged me twice for them. I was able to call them and get a refund but won’t order from them again.

I have purchased contact wheels from them:

Serrated 8x3" rubber: For my surface grinder. Supposed to be 90duro, but doesn't seem like it is. Other than that, it is working.
Non-serrated 14x1" rubber: I ended up with two of these. They are both not balanced properly. I don't use them.
Non-serrated 2x2" rubber: Seems to be fine. I have used it a lot.
Non-serrated 4x2" rubber: Seems to be fine. I have also used this a lot.

Its a gamble to buy from them. But, if it works, its a big savings.

I have like 5 different rubber wheels from them and a aluminum tracking wheel. I guess I got lucky. They all work good

When I saw an 8" wheel that had 8 balance holes drilled in one side, I knew I wouldn't waste my time with them.

Back