When and where is the shot show?

So far as I have learned you would be better off going to the Blade show in Atlanta. The SHOT show is supposedly more oriented to just retail and manufacturing companies and not really geared to consumers. It is early this month though, and is in New Orleans I believe. I thought about going to the SHOT show as a birthday present to myself, but with school getting back into session on the 8th, ball games to deal with, and the fact that it isn't a consumer event, I think I may just pick up a nice knife or the like instead.

The SHOT Show is 11 - 14 January in New Orleans. It isn't open to the public, though. You have to be "in the business" to get in, although I've seen a lot of folks who know somebody in the business that get them tickets.

As big as it is, and as crowded as it is, it isn't a place to meet and visit with anybody unless you are placing orders.

It's a great place to see all of the new stuff that will be introduced during the coming year but, as I said, it's not open to the public.

The Blade Show is sometime in June. That would be the place for meeting and visiting.

------------------
Dennis Wright
Wright Knife & Sporting Goods
La Mesa, CA
1-800-400-1980
wrightknife@ixpres.com
("Have a knife day!")

Back