When did finger grooves come out on 110?

Bill Keys says the 2 dots began in 75 and the handle pins ran afterward (in 76) 2, 4,3 all small headed. Settling on 3 large pins later that year.
George Stenzel, says this same run occurred in 78. So, I think TAH's receipt is accurate and would lend firm footing toward Bill Key's statement. DM

No doubt the receipt is accurate........just not for that particular knife, since the price is too low.

No doubt you have a point. In general I tend not to consider that seller as historically trustworthy. Though they didn't make a statement they merely showed the photos and consider it went with the item. DM

Wish I could find an Empress Trio for $60! I'd buy 3 of 'em!!

Buck was actually LOSING four to five dollars every time they sold an Empress Trio.......so you'd be getting an even more amazing deal than you thought. As they transitioned to a more scientific pricing system they realized this and ended up just dropping the Trio from their line.

No matter how much we look at the early 110s we probably will never be able to assign specific dates for the different variations; the records jost don't exist. I think it is more important to figure out the chronology, which variation occurred after another and why was the change made. To me that is more important.

Bert

Back