When I Was 12 Years Old, My Brother Bought Me A Really Nice . . . .

Jerry Busse

. . . . Slingerland snare drum for Christmas. :confused:

I tried to act excited as I unwrapped it but the confusion on my face apparently gave away that I was underwhelmed. o_O

It seemed like an odd gift to give to a trumpet player like myself, but I then realized that my brother must've been trying to share his love of drums with me. o_O

It then struck me as odd that the ONLY drum that he needed to complete his drum set was this exact drum! :eek:

He graciously offered to set my new snare drum up and to keep it with his drum set which would now be complete.;)

He told me that I was allowed to play my Slingerland snare drum any time I wanted, I just wasn't allowed to touch any of the other drums in his set because I was a trumpet player and really didn't know how to properly treat the other drums in his collection.

Needless to say I NEVER tried playing my single snare drum but my brother played it nearly every day for the next 10 years.

It took me a while to realize that I had been played way more than that drum ever was. :confused:

His Christmas gift to me, was in reality, a Christmas gift to himself! He truly was a genius!!!! :cool::D

This is a true story my friends. . . . . true story. . . .

The reason for sharing it will soon be revealed . . . .

Think about it. . . Drink about it. . . .

I smell lots of bacon!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Let's Drink, :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jerry :D

So, what I think you're really trying to say is this....

Danny just pulled ANOTHER big one over on you, which made you remember how much you were swindled by him as a kid. Dan just tricked you into letting him get his hands on some Infi + the next production slot to be filled to offer the newest Infi Dog AND it will be featured (READY TO SHIP) in the next upcoming Cupidganza along with a handful of other Busse Custom's, etc???? Am I warm yet?

I think Jerry is gonna play Dan this year and he's going to tell Dan the new knife coming out is his birthday present but it's really a knife Jerry wants/needs. Essentially Jerry getting revenge by making a gift to his brother actually a gift to himself.

When Jerry was 12... So that must've been around 1973... That's the year Gene Krupa, the drumming legend died. He basically single-handedly skyrocketed Slingerland Drums to the main market, and inspired a new generations of drummers... Also started defining drums as a solo-capable instrument, rather than just for accompaniment. He also restarted a quartet and recorded a live performance at the New School in 1973.

So my guess will be that there is a new model being announced soon... Something Krupa, or "solo" or "quartet" related. Or even a "Busse New School" related series to complement the BOSS series.

Or maybe I overthink these riddles Everytime...

It's just boss's way of saying we've got new blades coming. Lots of new bacon. After that end of year Statement, what would the gang bring to start the new year off with (besides the Viking Warship)?

I can't think anymore... Been watching Clone Wars with my daughter and spending all day making a matching pair of PVC lightsabers for her. She wants to be Ahsoka and her birthday is in a week and a half... I'm making her a pair of Ahsoka's Clone Wars lightsabers. No electronics. Just a play hilt. I've never needed a workshop so bad. Hand tools only. PVC shavings and PVC dust all over me right now...

Seems that Jerry is "drumming up" interest for the next offering.:rolleyes: Hmmm....the Monte Carlo was the 1973 Car of the Year..................

Maybe boss is gonna toot his own horn on his brother's birthday this time!

What'd you get yourself for his birthday this year, boss?

Back