When is Eric going to ruin the Shaman…

When will Eric screw it all up…

• Total voters
I'm sorry but I object to the tone of this thread, or at least I object to the title of the thread. We're all guests on the Spyderco forum. If they changed a design not to your taste I'm sorry, maybe other people like the change. There are a lot of Spyderco models that aren't to my taste but there are a plenty of models I like and a few that I really like. I don't complain to Spyderco about what they make or don't make.

My apologies if I'm taking this thread too seriously.

Edit- I forgot which forum I was on. This isn't Spyderco's own forum but no less reason to be reasonable with the discussion.

You should also be aware that this thread was moved here from elsewhere (probably GKD, but I haven't looked at that forum for a few years, so I can't be sure). It did not originate here.

You should also be aware that this thread was moved here from elsewhere (probably GKD, but I haven't looked at that forum for a few years, so I can't be sure). It did not originate here.
That is correct. I moved it here from GKD in the interest of fair play...rather than a free-for-all with those (potentially) lambasted being unaware.

Now everyone gets a say...naysayers, fans, anyone on the fence or without a dog in the fight, as well as the accused.

I initially thought I was on the forum on Spyderco's web page and not BF and that's why I worded what I did.

Wait, does this mean, I ruined it first!?!? Do I Win something!?
IMG_20210319_165724203.jpg
I had to go back to 3/21/21 to find where I decided I had enough of snagging my inner pockets or hitting my finger.. (Then again, even if it did neither, I would of still modded it!) Lol
IMG_20210319_165702948.jpg

I’m confused by this post. IMO there was
Never anything wrong with the Shaman, PM2, or Military. Haters gonna hate and snobs gonna snob…
Assume you mean the original paramilitary? That’s the one Eric ruined

Let’s hope this thread stops him messing with the Shaman

And we can only hope he doesn’t discontinue the best liner lock in the business… but I’m not hopeful

I call on all loyal followers of the way of Sal. Join me in casting away your Eric’s!!! Carry only Sal. Sal for lyfe

Last edited:
Assume you mean the original paramilitary? That’s the one Eric ruined

Let’s hope this thread stops him messing with the Shaman

And we can only hope he doesn’t discontinue the best liner lock in the business… but I’m not hopeful

I call on all loyal followers of the way of Sal. Join me in casting away your Eric’s!!! Carry only Sal. Sal for lyfe

z50xp-1619719725-16226-list_items-no.jpg

I ruin lots of Spyderco's!
Sage 5 done a couple like this and a few like the Original Stretch blade shape.
20231228_100724.jpg
3x Kapara
20231228_033334~2.jpg
20231228_195136.jpg
Couple chef's
20210704_205210.jpg
20210704_205150.jpg
Handful of Mule's.. Fixed blade Stretch is the best 2 I did. One with peel ply and this one with smooth g10
IMG_20201011_095025689.jpg

Sal is rolling in his grave right now!!!!!

From this thread you started, you mean!? (If he were in a grave... Atleast then he wouldn't have to see it)

I'd find it hard to believe, he has any issue with a knife being used and loved.

I’m glad you’re still among the living Sal! ;). This thread seemed a bit confusing from the start.

Last edited:
I'd find it hard to believe, he has any issue with a knife being used and loved.
Notice Sal didn’t back you up right there… jus saying

Like any premier artist, it’s gotta hurt when some amateur ‘improves’ on your design perfection

Sal 4 Lyfe

Original and the best

I guess I'm still just not sure what exactly is getting messed up because it seems like the family business has made a model for everyone. Some of them I like, some I don't, some are just flat out not for me. I'd love to see more lefties but the math doesn't add up so we will probably never get a leftie shaman. But to seriously say they ruined a model because they stopped short of what I'd like or changed something 20 years later would be a little to narrow minded in my opinion. I've tweaked most of my knives to suit me, my hands, and the way I cut. If you can tweak a knife to make it right for you that's fantastic. I'd say they hit the nail on the head if they can put out a model that is close enough for a large percentage of the audience. Having said all that I guess I still don't understand what the actual problem is so I'll get off the bus here. Sal, Eric, and everyone else have a great day.

Back