Where are all these new, bleepin' AR's comin' from????

Dear mikemck,

I can not agree more.
Although I do have the GB PROTO, the reason
for obtaining this particular folder was not
because it was a PROTO. I was looking for a
GB for daily use and it was the only GB available
at that time.
Now, the more I hear about the rarity of this PROTO
model, it makes me hesitate to use it, so I am waiting
for a "REGULAR" GB from TAD to arrive!

Byron (STRIDER FORUM JAPAN)
;)

It sounds like a lot of you are just buying these knives and putting them on a shelf in other words COLLECTING them. I actually, funny enough, use my Striders every day (abuse and beat the hell out of them) but thats why I bought them ( a model BT, Strider Buck, and now EB-LT) to USE THEM.
If they get beat up and show use even better. I wonder how many of you even cut anything?

You are right, and I agree with you completely, the numbers really don't mean anything to me either. Someone was selling #042 a while ago, and yes I did try to get it, but wasn't a huge deal or anthing :) I use my AR every day and don't even think about the number, and to go along with Strider4112, I highly doubt my AR would bring in any value to a collector at this point :D

I see what you are saying about marking up the price, where does the line get drawn? Hmmmm, hard one to call.

For me, if I were to lose my AR and the only one I found available was someone selling theirs for $700 I would take it no questions asked. Obviously I would look to every dealer and contact I have first, but in the end I would spend whatever amount of money it took to get another one immediately. Reason being is not for collectors purposes or anything like that...just that I've really become used to and comfortable having my AR as a edc. It would drive me crazy having to carry some other knife and to perform daily tasks and such with something other than the AR. It performs so well, that whatever I have to use it for gets done easier and faster.

Also, going back to self defense classes with a different defense blade would be embarassing lol :) So far everyone in my class has borrowed it for at least five minutes during one class or another just to see how it feels. i wouldn't be surprised if every one of them has an order in with Strider :D

Even thought the folder price has been raised to $400, I'm just glad the Strider guys havent realized that they can pretty much charge whatever they want for them and they'll still be real busy.

The reason we raised the price was because they now come with an SOE belt pouch and a kydex belt clip.
I say now, but really mean soon.

Mick

Back