Where are the Spydie TV ads?

On the Spyderco web site there's long been a notice about how the company was going to start advertising their knives on TV.
Has anyone ever seen one of these ads?
The piece on their site says Spyderco plans to place the commercials during broadcast news programming, on educational cable channels, and amid NFL and professional rodeo events. I watch a fair amount of TV (not much rodeo, admittedly) and have never seen a Spydie ad. Which is unfortunate.
Sal, did you all scrap plans for this ad campaign?
Why?

I have seen some of the commercials on the sharpmaker video. Very nicely done. I would like to see knife companies air some knife adds that show knives as tools and not evil weapons.

------------------
Dennis Bible

I've seen the ads on TV several times, although I haven't seen any for about a year or so. I think Sal said that they are currently running on the Discovery channel in the Denver area. I'm sure it costs a fortune to run ads on TV, which is a real shame. Like Dennis says, the ads are very well done.

I'd like to hear from Sal what the current/future plans for the ad campaign are. Are we going to see 'em nationwide (specifically, the Southeast) or are they just going to stay regional?

I am very much looking forward to seeing Spyderco's commercials on national TV. Say, during an NFL game. I love the way that knives in the ads are portrayed as invaluable tools for everyday uses and not the Ninja-Mayhem-tools-of-death that the Hollywood Hypnotized Sheeple have been led to believe from that evil entertainment empire.
Bring on the ads!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
The individualist without strategy who takes opponents lightly will inevitably become the captive of others.
Sun Tzu

Right now, we're just running the ads in Denver. More of a test. TV advertising is VERY expensive.

I saw one of the ads last night on ESPN while we were at Charlies "Going away" party.

They are also shown on the Sharpmaker video.

sal

[This message has been edited by Sal Glesser (edited 05-13-2000).]

Back