Where can I find screws like this?

I’m thinking of starting some kydex projects in the future and one of the things I can’t find a resource for are these screws. The pic is kind of what I am looking for, except the screws I’m looking for are flat on the bottom side. They’re used on my RAT Cutlery sheaths, but I just can’t find them anywhere! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

smh_assy_1b_550.jpg

tandy, leather factory, etc...
try a google for "chicago screw"

tandy, leather factory, etc...
try a google for "chicago screw"

Thanks 1066, but the Chicago screws Tandy and places carry are like this. I’m looking for a smaller diameter screw head and preferably an open bottom nut similar to the first pic.

brass-plated-chicago-screw.jpg

These are sold by Knifekits.com

Yes, that's where I copied the pic from. :D I don't need rubber washers and those aren't the exact screws I'm looking for.

I think I need to dismantle one of my RAT sheaths and snap a pic.

Last edited:
Thanks 1066, but the Chicago screws Tandy and places carry are like this. I’m looking for a smaller diameter screw head and preferably an open bottom nut similar to the first pic.

brass-plated-chicago-screw.jpg
wild - mine aren't sealed at the bottom like that.
OTOH, I can understand you wanting something with smaller diameter ends.
good luck.

I believe usaknifemaker.com sells the smaller-diameter, flat-bottom Chicago screws you are referring to, or at least something similar. If not, e-mail Tracy, the guy who runs usaknifemaker.com, and he will find them

~Noah

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/3084/=5tbh0t

8-32 thread size, post diameter is 13/64 drill bit I believe. Their turn around is really quick, both times I ordered they were on my doorstep in 2 days.

For whatever reason I can't find anywhere that sells black in anything other than aluminum - which has the weakest tensile strength. If anyone has a link let me know.

T

edit: though it doesn't show it, I have four different lengths of the black anodized aluminum and they ARE open ended.

I buy the chicago posts then buy oxide screws elsewhere. I usually buy 500+ of each so it is much cheaper than buying from knife supply stores.

Back