Where Can I Get...?

Does anyone know of a source for premium quality exotic leathers for sheath making? I am particularly interested in various types of snake skin. Racer Roy :)

KNOWLEDGE THAT IS NOT SHARED IS LOST.

If you don't mined importing from the other side of the world, I will be going to my local leather store in the next few day. I have been waiting for them to get some EMU in. I have also got seasnake there before. Sea snake is very thin. I lined it with a soft sheep skin made a nice couple of puches.

I will see if they have an email address.

Peter Del Raso has already offered me some emu and seasnake. I was looking for something like mamba or cobra or coral snake. Maybe even lizard. Of course I am not sure if PETA has gotten all this stuff made illegal. Racer Roy :D

Got two iguanas and a variety of snakes here, including a beautiful lime/emerald green skinned young iguana and an albino gopher snake. If ya want, I'll distract the Bio Profs while you go after them. :)

I've dealt with a guy in Florida for Teju and American alligator. He's on eBay under the name Triten. I posted photos here a couple months ago. You can probably search my posts and find it quickly... :D

Thanks for trying to help out D.A. but due to the Forum's new rule you can't do a search unless you are a gold member. I'm sure that someone will help me out. I've been told that knifemakers are the most helpful people on earth, always ready to help anyone who asks nicely. Racer Roy

Thanks for the link Sylvester. It has some really nice pearl, but no snake skin. Maybe somebody else will help me out? Racer Roy

Try:
John Fong Leather Co
1610 Hyde ST
San Francisco, CA 94109

415-441-3519 12-4:00PM PST

This guy wrote a few articles in the Leathercrafters & Saddlemakers Journal a while back and seems to know all the ins and outs re: the laws, etc. His add shows several kinds of lizaed, shark, stingray, elephnat, etc.

He mainly supplies the shoe industry but may be able to help.
Chuck

I appreciate the info. I'll try calling him. I still have not heard from any sheath or holster makers about where they get their stuff. Maybe they are all too busy making money to have the time to log on to BladeForum. :) Racer Roy

Roy ,have you tried Moscow Hide & Fur
I know at one time they had Bullsnake,
water moccasin & rattlesnake

Thanks for the great links Dave! Sylvester, does Moscow Hide & Fur have a web site or a phone number? :) Racer Roy

Back