Where do you carry?

The Magician

Illusionist
If you carry a flashlight daily, how do you carry it? I used to carry My CMG Infinity in my watch pocket. Worked great. I recently upgraded to a surefire E1. I thought the pocket clip would be neat. I tried it clipped in my watch pocket, but didn't like that much sticking out.(the whole bezel, about 1.5") It fit the watchpocket good without the clip, but was a little tight to remove. The best so far, is clipped to my belt. I am worried it is not secure enough. The E1 is a graet light btw. I plan on reviewing the CMG here soon and the E1 in a few months. I am happy to try anyones suggestions. Thanks,

------------------
Brian
The first knife was probably used to cut stuff.

I have problems with the E1 clip, too. I almost lost it a couple of times. The E2, being longer, stays put more securely when clipped to a pocket. I still would like the clip to be bezel down, though.

I think bezel down would be better too. Maybe it will change....

------------------
Brian

At work I carry it in my briefcase. Away fom work I usually carry a fanny pack with my wallet, a SAK, a pen and the flashlight. Once in awhile I'll actually carry the light in my pocket. The E1 is a great light. I've had mine for 3 days and I can't stop playing with it. I'm pretty easy to please though; I was pretty happy with the old 2 AAA mini maglite for a long time.

Is anyone going to come out with a watch with a serious LED light? They usually use the same battery, and the watch hardly uses it at all...great way to carry the light too.

I carry my E1 clipped to the offhand front pocket, but sometimes I drop it into the pocket because it's come loose a few times. I don't want to lose it, so I'm trying to come up with a place to put it for everyday carry.

I also carry a white Streamlight Stylus in my right back pocet next to my pen. That will get shifted around when I'm not at work to various pockets depending one what I'm wearing.

gm

I carry my E2 clipped to my left hand pocket (i usually wear Dockers-type pants) and have it fall out about once everytwho days. Usually worse when there is alot of other stuff in that pocket to push it out when donning and doffing my pants.

My E2 is on the way so I will report on it later!
smile.gif

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

For anyone that may care. I have had the E1 clipped to my belt for about three or four days. I have not had any problems with it coming off. I have decided I like it there.

------------------
Brian

Clips are evil, designed to help you loose your light. I have a good Bianchi sheath for the Scorpion, nice and secure. I find the E1 fits well in my jeans watch pocket, and have been carrying the E2 in my left hand coat pocket on evenings out.

The E2 is a great light, but I prefer the rubber coating and push-button operation of the Scorpion when working.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

I carry my E1 in my trouser pocket. I have the new M2 clipped to my belt, and the M3T or other larger SureFire in my jacket pocket.

SureFire are aware of how many people would like a Bezel down carry option. A design has been suggested, by some people in
CPF

I hope SureFire continue to evolve with the requirements of their customers.

Al

[This message has been edited by Size15s (edited 04-05-2001).]

I have toyed with the idea of making a small belt carry pouch for lights. I never went too far with the idea because like so many ideas I get for new products I don't really see the demand. Do you think that small belt carry pouches would be an item that would interest people who carry any of the mini lights?

I guess I'm a little behind the times; I carry a Mini Maglite AAA in my back pocket next to my wallet. I also have a white Photon II on my Micra in my right front...if I need more light I go to my van and get my MagCharger.

Johnniet,
I remember seeing a watch with a flashlight built in using separate batteries. Either REI or Cabelas sold it
JB

Back