Where does your multi-tool go?

I am curious as to who does what with their muti-tools or multi-purpose knives. I am a facilities manager in an apartment complex and my Leatherman Surge is drawn many times during the day for doing minor repairs in ninety apartments, thus saving many trips up and down stairs and avoids having to carrying a tool belt. As a homeowner, a multi-tool on my days off is of assistance when puttering around the house. How about everyone else?

My SAK SwissTool is always in my bag within reach. It backs-up the Yeoman in my pocket. Short of a hammer there's not a lot I can't do with these!:)

Use use my Vic. Yeoman and LM P4 on a daily basis at the clinic where I work to do minor repairs, make adjustments on equipment, open packages, etc. I've got an old-style LM Wave in my bag if I need a bigger tool.

On the weekend a LM Charge XTi helps around the house, along with the SAK of the day.

todd

Charlie Fox said:
My SAK SwissTool is always in my bag within reach. It backs-up the Yeoman in my pocket. Short of a hammer there's not a lot I can't do with these!:)

Ditto. :)

My SwissTool R/S fits in my shoulderbag's cellphone pocket. My cellphone rides on my belt.

But I have, when necessary, used it as a hammering device. It has enough weight and heft to be used as a hammer, within reason.

Spirit in my belt all the time.
Swisstool X in my car door.
Swisstool RS in my Jeep glove compartment.
Swisstool X in my master bedroom drawer.
Supertool 200 on my tool box in the garage.
New Wave in my office desk.
Charge TI in my range bag.
New Wave on my girlfriend suv glove compartment.
Old Wave in my desk at home.

My multitools are usually used when generally puttering around the house/property, camping, and motorcycling. I try always to have one close at hand.

My old-school LM Wave goes everywhere I go (as long as I'm wearing a belt).

Vic Ranger in belt pouch; goes everywhere with me

Vic RS in bag along with a Wenger of some type

Gerber 600 in car

Vic Midnite MiniChamp on Keychain

I tend to use mine while putzing around at home, at work and everywhere in between.

Leatherman Charge in a Victorinox Nylon shealth (better than Leatherman's IMO) on belt

Victorinox Signature Lite II on keychain.

SwissTool X Plus on my belt everyday and everynight at work, accompanied by a Deluxe Tinker in my RFP. On weekends at home, Deluxe Tinker or LM Charge Ti depending on my clothing configuration. =)

My Leatherman SuperTool (the first version) rides in a horizontal belt pouch from Safariland below my left kidney. I used to have it on the right side, but since I started carrying a spare magazine on the right to supplement those on the left, I moved it to the left behind where the mags are on that side.

in a new Nylon pouch, love the two side pockets in the pouch. Flintbar in one, Mag Solitaire in the other.
My Wave goes pretty much everywhere, and whenever Im doing work in my garage/workshop I find that I often use the wave rather than awls/screwdrivers/pliers/snips.
Its good kit. Must admit that the handles have "bitten" me on occasion, when using the pliers IF Ive gripped too far up the handle. I guess its the Leatherman version of "hammerbite" that you can get on some self-loading pistols. (Knowing Leatherman, I bet theyve solved it now anyway!)
Just cant justify buying a new one, yet!

LM juice rides in my pocket wherever I go, along with a LM micra on my keyring. I use the juice for all sorts of things, I work in an office so its not too demanding. I have installed networking equipment with it a few times.

StuToffee, have you considered upgrading that solitaire? Check out Peak LED solutions they do similar sized flashlights but about 100 times better...

My Wave II is on my belt with my Micro riding loose in one of my right pocket, right along side my Inova X5T. Both are in belt pouches that I've made. My older "replaced", but still useful PST is in my Maxpedition Jumbo. I work in a high tech environment and so there are times when it doesn't get used, but then there are times when we have to stage servers, PC's, etc and then it's used constantly. Depending on what I do on weekends, it normally gets used several times per day.

- gord

I have two old style Waves. One is always on my belt, the other one is in a sheath that is attached to the back of Streamlight Vulcan flashlight. I'm a fireman, and by carrying my Wave that way, I never have to undo my turnout gear to get at.

StuToffee said:
My Wave goes pretty much everywhere, and whenever Im doing work in my garage/workshop I find that I often use the wave rather than awls/screwdrivers/pliers/snips.

Assuming you haven't mis-stated about using a Wave instead of an awl, may I ask how you do it? An awl is the one thing I miss on my Charge (same basic tool array as the Wave). Sometimes I use the can opener point, but it isn't a great substitute.

PS: snips?

Awl! I want it, Awl! ;)

with me EVERYWHERE!

I am a tow truck driver and it gets around!

A very versatile Leatherman Charge!

spirit with ratchet & bits in my car all the time, squirt in my pocket, swisstool x & the original wave + adapter kit at home

Back