Where is it???

Hey Terry,

So...it's a go with the sheath I saw then, right?:confused:

Now all I gotta know is...

WHEN?:D

God bless and thanks bro:thumbup:

I'll have to ask the other DW, but I think it will be
the smaller of the two.
We're thinking a couple weeks, I hope, I wanted it yesterday.
Take care, and patience is a virtue!:p
TJT

TJT said:
I'll have to ask the other DW, but I think it will be
the smaller of the two.
We're thinking a couple weeks, I hope, I wanted it yesterday.
Take care, and patience is a virtue!:p
TJT

Hey bro,

Naw, it WILL be the smaller of the two...the "other" DW said he had ya mess with it and it was all good, so...the smaller one it will be!:)

Cripes, it's a good thing smcfalls didn't hold his breath for this one:eek: :D

Take care, be safe, and God bless:thumbup:

PS: I will e ya soon regarding...;)

224477 said:
I desperately NEED a SC FB!!!

Ahoj Priatel,

Ahhhh, so do I bro...so do I.:D You might need to fob yours, but other than that, it should do well for you. Don't forget to share this one with MARS!
:)rolleyes: Yeah...right!:D )

God bless and take care:thumbup:

smcfalls13 said:
Still holding my breath;)

Aloha Scott,

Cripes man...I think it's gonna be time for our "straight jacket routine" if these SFB's don't show up soon!:rolleyes:

Anything yet Terry? (Sorry for being a PITA for ya):eek:

God bless and uh, don' forget your tail Scott...:thumbup:

I haven't heard anything.
I'll ask Mr. Hoffman today, and try to post an update later.
Sorry guys, I'm getting just as impatient as you, and I'm just as big a PITA
to the other DW.

But hey, I'm still waiting for a LAVA as well.

TJT said:
I haven't heard anything.
I'll ask Mr. Hoffman today, and try to post an update later.
Sorry guys, I'm getting just as impatient as you, and I'm just as big a PITA
to the other DW.

But hey, I'm still waiting for a LAVA as well.

Aloha Terry!

Great to see you! Well, thanks brother, and when ya do see Mr. Hoffman and the "other DW", please send them my regards! Is Ms. Tourjee alright?

The Lava? Bro, I waited almost three years for THAT one!:rolleyes:

We'll be in touch, or fly me an e regarding your "stuff";) ...

God bless and be safe bro:thumbup:

Daywalker said:
Cripes man...I think it's gonna be time for our "straight jacket routine" if these SFB's don't show up soon!:rolleyes:

Think it'll work, it failed miserably last time:cool:

TJT keep us posted bro, I've been holding my breath so I've turned some color that's not in the spectrum:eek:

For some reason the search function of this forum keeps giving me blank pages. I had been looking for old threads on the FB, but as that didn't work I have to put my question here: what are the advantages of the FB versus the folder? This is not meant as a heretic question, this is genuine interest. I have two of the folders out of the two production runs, and the AUS8 has become my standard pocket knife for everyday use, and it is so stable and versatile that I just couldn't imagine what the FB can do what the folder cannot.
Michael

You won't find any old threads about the SFB, all the threads are right here, because it's not out yet, and it's not old enough to have old threads about it yet.

I'm going to sound like a smart a** saying this, and I really don't intend that way, but the FB can do things a folder can't. It's the same size and dimensions, but since it's fixed, theres no need to worry about lock strength, blade play, keeping lint out of it, etc. It's also 440C blade steel, since it's a fixed blade, it has different carry options than the folder.

Think of it as yet another upgrade.

At the size of the SF and SFB, lock strength really isn't an issue, because you're probably not going to be prying with the Biscuit, but for SD issues(which this knife is perfectly capable of handling) deployment becomes an issue. A fixed blade can be deployed faster than a folder most of the time.

Some people prefer folders, other prefer fixed blades, this gives both camps a chance to partake of the holy SUBCOM design;)

Really, it's just another fun option to have. I would prefer the fixed blade, if only because it'll make a heck of a neck knife, which is something I enjoy.

Aloha guys,

Great seeing you both. Thanks yet again Scotty, for "having my back".:thumbup: Anyway, the SFB is NOT the same size as the SF. The SFB is a bit larger. The SFB is a hefty lil' knife at 3/16" thick...;) If carried as a necker, you will *know* it's there.:D

Clavichord my friend, smcfalls13 answered your question very well. I might also add that the SFB can be slammed full force into a tree and pryed out sideways with no damage to it. NO WAY would I do that with the SF!:eek: This action (abuse?) not only shows strength of the SFB, but sorta replicates if one falls and the SFB hits something, or it might happen if you strike a perp and he moves, de-boning & quartering your catch during a hunt, prying a shell off a rock while diving, etc...There are no moving parts on the SFB either.:)

As smcfalls13 mentioned, it is just another option for those who appreciate FB carry.;)

Thanks for your support my friends, and God bless:cool:

And, the two together are very complimentary.
Most of the reasons for a FB version were given already, but the biggest one
in my opinion is to have a matching set. Between the two, ergos remain
the same, so movement patterns do not have to deviate very much.
Also, with the sheath we are working with, there will be multiple carry options that a folder cannot do, and still remain accesible.
Thanks for the interest, and remember guys, I'm just as impatient and
breath holding as you are. I WANT ONE OF THESE!!!!
Thanks, Terry

Greetings everyone!

Daywalker nice to see you again. You spend too much time at Spyderco.:D
How about some pics of the FB. Also, I remember some pics of your Lava. That is going to be a must have. I wonder if others on this forum has viewed it yet.

Stay sharp!
D.H.

Daywalker said:
I might also add that the SFB can be slammed full force into a tree and pryed out sideways with no damage to it.

Yes, after getting some dormant grey cells active, I was about to state here that I found uses which the folder won't take, like cutting wood or else by hitting with a club at the poor knife. OK, one more in the queue, but over here in Germany. Let's see who gets it first, keeping in mind that I was ahead of you guys on the AUS8 he he :D
Michael

Death's Head said:
I remember some pics of your Lava. That is going to be a must have. I wonder if others on this forum has viewed it yet.

Yes I did, one could hardly overhear the excitement, even over here across the water. But then, I am not really a collector, I wait a long time before making a choice, and then I tend to remain faithful to that choice (ask my wife of 39 years of marriage), and I fear I am set on the subcom. That doesn't make me a rescue for slipping consumer economies, but I am a decent multiplier, and I keep showing Chad's biscuit to everybody...:cool:
Michael

Daywalker said:
Anyway, the SFB is NOT the same size as the SF. The SFB is a bit larger. The SFB is a hefty lil' knife at 3/16" thick...;) If carried as a necker, you will *know* it's there.:D

Is it? I couldn't tell from the pics. That's going to rock.:cool:

And I better be the first person with one of these, because my order is direct from Boker with overnight shipping. Theoretically, this baby should be in my hand before I even know what the charge on my credit card is:D

But if one of you guys gets it first, you are REQUIRED to post pics. This is not an option, and not having a camera is no excuse, go get one:rolleyes:

Oh, SMC, I think I will have one before you;) , but I can't post pics here,
I don't have that option on my account.
But we'll see about getting someone to do it.
Terry

Back