Where The River Flows - The River of Fire Thread

Great pictures!

LW, do you know how many of the larges, smalls, and Mnandis are presently accounted for?

For those who are interested and haven't already seen them, there are a few photos of other river of fire knives by Bill Burke. The photos aren't mine, so I'm not posting them here.

The newest appears to be this gyoto, showing river of fire in a large blade:

Another large knife that showed up in an Australian raffle:

http://bladegallery.com/shopexd.asp?id=85258&photo=1&size=b​

An early river of fire folder:

And, in case you want to make your own knife, a river of fire bar:

He also makes several kinds of Damascus that are similar to river of fire.

Twin rivers Damascus:

The October 2016 issue of Blade magazine, in an article titled "Feel the Burn" about hot custom knifemakers, shows a picture of Mr. Burke's flying dragons Damascus in a 7-inch chef's knife.

Finally, there are river of fire knives from other makers.

This one was described as "serpentine feather," but Mr. Burke points out that it is river of fire:

Small ROF
VsC2itH.jpg
DjRi8wL.jpg
gxElHEk.jpg

VsC2itH.jpg

DjRi8wL.jpg

gxElHEk.jpg

Last edited:
I love the Buckeye with the ROF, such a nice match-up. Thanks for posting that beauty!

Great pictures!

LW, do you know how many of the larges, smalls, and Mnandis are presently accounted for?

I somehow missed this. As it stands now, I believe I know the location of 5 of each model. There's a couple others I have an idea of, but no way to be sure.

The Burl/ROF is a real standout.

I am partial to the downstream ROFs... know they are more common, but it hits my eye best. But I will say I would not turn down any that came my way. ;)

Last edited:
Any body who has one of these beauties interested in letting one go?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Any body who has one of these beauties interested in letting one go?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Do not solicit sales outside of the exchange

Back