Where to buy casio g shocks?

I am looking to buy my first g shock. I was wondering if there are any good dealers people can recommend? I can get the watch from amazon.com but wanted to see if there are any other options first. Thanks

I own several. Honestly since its your first G-Shock Id go to a walmart, or some other store that has many different styles. They also vary greatly in size. Like a try before you buy. There are tons of options with these things, and I feel its best to look at as many of them as possible for a comparison. VERY IMPORTANT: There are also tons of fakes out there, so do a little homework on where to actually buy from. Good luck.

I bought my first one at BJ's...basic, but Tough Solar and all the other features I wanted.

Check Amazon first: typically Amazon's low price is the price to beat. Camelcamelcamel.com gives you Amazon's price history for the last 15 months. Run a Google shopping search. Run your own search on eBay. If the G-Shock you want is a Japanese domestic market (JDM) watch, check Rakuten Global Market. Walmart has clearance sales on sub-$100 Casio and Timex watches, but the sales are store managers' options, so check in your area. For out of production G-Shocks, check the Bladeforums Knife Exchange, individuals and dealers, for Gadgets & Gear.

I think that covers all bases.

Last edited:
Amazon's great, probably the cheapest source; picked up my mil-spec GDX-6900 there for $60 less than anywhere else in Calgary I could find ($103). Just make sure you pick the model with the features you want; there are dozens of variations.

Anyone have a good recommendation for which model. I have been looking at the 110 in black with the orange accents. I would like it to have an hr and min hand and have alarms, stopwatch, and timer

I must admit I'm partial to the Rangeman, which has the latest-gen triple sensor. If you're in the market for something with a degree of analog display, then may be this one. Being in Australia, I tend to get my G-Shocks from an online Japanese source such as Rakuten. I think the prices overall are a lot better, plus you get access to some Japan-only models.

The good thing about G-shock is that if you buy from authorized japanese dealers who also happen to sell online, they have an international warranty (remember to ask for the warranty card stamped). Have tested that 'theory' with the local Australian repair centre recently.

There's also a *very* popular internet 'watch forum' where you can probably find reviews of most of the current G-shocks available.

Does anyone have experience with the g shock 110's. I was reading some review about the backlight being far from good and was wondering if it is worth overlooking this particular feature? I don't work at night or do tons of stuff in the dark so the backlight is not a huge concern but if there is a similar model in the $60-$120 price range that has the same sort of features as the 110 but improves on the backlight I would like to know. Thanks

Back