where to buy corian?

Anyone know of anywhere I could buy smaller quantities of corian in 1/4" black? The only place I've been able to find requires that I buy a 96" sheet.

how much are you looking for? a buddy might have some small pieces. i'll see if he has any or not and let you know.

I get small pieces from the scarp pile at the local countertop shop. Find one in your area an ask them if you can get a few pieces from their pieces that are too small to be useful as full countertops.

I get small pieces from the scarp pile at the local countertop shop. Find one in your area an ask them if you can get a few pieces from their pieces that are too small to be useful as full countertops.

Yep, go to your local kitchen/bath contractors and ask if you can have some scrap corian. There should be a dumpster full of it in the back of their workplace.

Last edited:
how much are you looking for? a buddy might have some small pieces. i'll see if he has any or not and let you know.

I'm looking to have about 24 scales approximately 1.25" x 4.5" cut out of black corian. I appreciate you checking into that. Thank you.

Thank you for the ideas everyone. I suppose I need to start calling some countertop installers. =D

I have gotten some from a countertop dealer/installer in my area by dumpster diving (with their permission), but good luck finding any black scraps. Mostly solid white or off white is the norm for big scraps. As a side note, I found it way too brittle for a knife scale. Had just finished one when I dropped it on cement. Shattered in about a hundred pieces.

I have gotten some from a countertop dealer/installer in my area by dumpster diving (with their permission), but good luck finding any black scraps. Mostly solid white or off white is the norm for big scraps. As a side note, I found it way too brittle for a knife scale. Had just finished one when I dropped it on cement. Shattered in about a hundred pieces.

Have any other recommendations for handle material? I'm getting the scales waterjet so laminates are out of the question. I was origninally thinking UHMW Polyethylene but I'm thinking that probably won't polish up very well.

Think I might give ABS plastic a go. I found a place where I can pick it up in the size/color I need. Thanks again for all the advice guys. Much appreciated.

I like corian for light use knives like kitchen knives, its also good for the kitchen because its sanitary and won't absorb stuff like non stableized wood. Its also easy to work with.

This is a great idea......i am going hunting for scrap synthetic countertop pieces..... thanks for the ideas

look at cutting boards at your local "mega-mart" type store. (wally, target, Lowes, etc...)

Back