Where to buy good metal cutting bandsaw blades/???

Hey Guys,

Where do you guys go to buy good quality, long lasting metal cutting bandsaw blades. What are you paying for them and how long are they holding up??

Thanks,

Bill

I would recomend bi-metal blades from Ellis Mfg. Co. phone # 1-800-383-5547
The price will depend on the size ordered. I don't know how long they last, I bought mine several months ago, and it still cuts good.
Hope this helps, Tom Lewis

i got a couple of starretts (i think) from mscdirect.com...bi-metal...cost around $25 if i remember correctly...still on my first one, cutting like a charm...

The Lennox bi-metal is the best I've used, outlasting other blades by at least 3 to 1. I think I bought mine from K&G.

What Brett said...I had a guy that makes and sells bimetal blades tell me that Lennox makes the best on the market. I bought a couple of them from MSC and have been very satisfied so far. They cut through titanium like butter. About $25 each is what I paid.

Yep! Lennox......I get mine custom welded for my odd-ball saw....from MSC.

About $36 I think. They will outlast a Starret Hard back/flexback HSS blade way more than I can count....5X 10X ...? I really don't wear them out. I ussually wreck them from doing something stupid like cut something too thin for the pitch and break some teeth.

Sincerely,
Rob

Hi Bill, I take it you invested in a bandsaw in the last day or so.
Good idea, you will get a lot of good use out of it.
I buy my Bi metal blades from Enco or McMaster Carr. If I order from McMaster Carr I will have the blade the next day Via UPS ground. I don't know if you already know this but when you buy a new blade make sure you get enough teeth so at least 3 are in contact at all times with the metal .I usen a 24 tooth per inch blade.
Enco sells Starrett blades, not sure what McMaster Carr sells but my brother uses then in his shop and they last real good.

Have Fun with your new toy,
Magnum

Well, I was gonna say, "Get the Lennox blades," but I guess it's all been said. :D I sure like mine, it cuts everything like butter. I'm just hoping I don't knock some teeth out like Rob, cutting too-thin stock...some things it's just hard to learn. :rolleyes:

Dave

Hey Indian George, go ahead and post the part #. I need 64 1/2" blades. .5 wide, .025 thick I think. I've got the Harbor Freight bandsaw that costs around $200.

I agree with Royal 7.
I've been buying the Ellis bimetal blades for along time and at $16 and some change I haven't found a better deal, they won't quit. I've had em last for more than a year and thats cutting everything from 3/8 d2 to 3/16 ti and micarta and g10.

Back