Where to buy machine thread?

My Artisan arrived on Thursday and I've spent the morning looking for a good source to buy thread... Polyester in sizes 138 and 277 in a "Khaki" and also "Natural" color. I've found the smaller size but polyester 277 in anything other than black white or brown is elusive...

I'm going to use the machine to attach 1 inch nylon like I did here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/888724-Leather-Kydex-and-Nylon-for-a-RMD the thread used on that sheath is waxed polyester from a "the speedy stitcher" spool. It appears to be slightly smaller than the sample spool that came with my Artisan which is Tex348 nylon. I'd like to be able to stay near that color and use different thread sizes for different purposes.

Looking at leathersupply, eddingtonthread, and thethreadexchange but none of them seem to have the colors consistent across thread sizes.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

T

When I found I couldn't find the colors I wanted in 277 , I looked at 207 nylon and gave it a try. I'm having pretty good luck with it and I don't believe the integrity of those things I make (holsters, belts, sheaths, etc) is compromised at all.
When I get into thicker stuff, 1/2" or so I go with the 277 white and dye it if I have to.
I go to The Thread Exchange.

Back