Where to find a good shower mirror?

CWL

Y'all, can anyone recommend a quality shower mirror?

I've been looking for a simple high quality mirror to use in the shower and have been unsuccessful in locating any. All I have been able to find are big heavy ones with a DVD or radio build into it (did I mention they were big & heavy?)

All I want is a thin, non-fogging mirror designed for the shower.

CWL,

If you are considering shaving in the shower using a straight razor... Let me use the words of Christopher Moss...

"DO NOT shave in the shower. Not only will you waste a lot of water, your wet hands will drop a razor. You may feel that the loss of the toe it lands on is a small price to pay, but consider what else may be damaged by the razor as it falls, and worst of all, you will damage the razor. Don’t do it." (excerpted from: http://www.shavemyface.com/downloads/The-Straight-Razor-Shave.pdf chapter Four).

Of course, I would not consider damaging the blade to be the worst of what could happen from a falling razor-sharp instrument (like a miniature machete!) and everything that it could potentially CHOP OFF as it falls down the FRONT of your body... but hey, that is just me.

Nah, no straight razor in the shower planned. Just a safety razor for those fast shaves in the shower.

Yeah, sahvingdirect.com was the only place I found while searching the net.

Go to Bed,Bath and Beyond, they have a whole gaggle of them. They last about two years. You can stretch it a bit by using RainX anti-fog.

I always shave in the shower, I find it much nicer than standing at the sink. Just go to the local dollar store and get a hand mirror for a buck. Wet your hand and grab a bar of soap till your hand is soapy. Wipe the soap film from your hand all over the mirror and then rinse it under the water. The fog will still develop eventually but just rinse the mirror under the water again and its fog free. :thumbup:

Brad
www.AndersonKnives.ca

I've seen some in the mail order catalogs where you tap into the water line, and the hot water heats the mirror from the back, so there's no differential in temperature to cause fogging. I get so many of those types of catalogs that's it's hard to say which one had it; Brookstone, Home Improvements, Sharper Image, etc.

Back