Where to find information?

kingston73

Gold Member
I recently bought a pair of supposedly ww2 era knives on eBay and haven’t even gotten them yet but wanted to know where I can find information about them. I bought them both for about $20. I will post pictures once I get them. Is there any way to find out when they were made, like you can with Case? Where should I look for information?177BA659-AFCC-4ADB-A2FA-50F34CA497B4.jpeg C052CEE2-2582-47D5-82CC-368B9D360738.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve got 2 more on the way, one with a USA shield and the other unmarked with just “made in USA” on the main blade. From what I’ve found so far the one I have pictured above is the oldest due to it having a brass frame. I’ll post pictures of all 4 once I get them all.

Well first off you got those knives at very good value.
They both look to be WW2 knives to me.
The one pictured on the top of the first picture looks to be a knife made for PX sales to servicemen by Camillus, (although there may have been other manufactures). If it is it's a very hard knife to come across.
The lower knife looks like a typical "engineers knife" made throughout the war by many manufactures and eventually succeeded by the general purpose utility knife.
Please post more pictures when you get the knives.
Many of the WW2 knives only marked with "made in U.S.A." were produced by the "Imperial Knife Associates Companies" this included the brands Imperial, Ulster, and Kingston.

Back