Where to get ambi thumbstuds for the AR?

I just got an AR from Matt yesterday. (great guy to deal with!) I am left handed so I easily switched the thumb stud over to the other side of the blade to make it more friendly to me. I do find though that I have occasion to open the blade right handed. Dual thumb studs have been mentioned here in the forums and I would like to get them. What has not been mentioned is where to get them. Dual thumb studs would improve the usability of this great knife for me.

Strider guys, can I get them from you? Do I have to part with my AR to do it? TAD had the tritium studs....do they still offer them? Does anyone have knurled studs?

A big Mahalo in advance for anyone who thinks about this and responds.

wabi

Wabi

I just left my AR with Mike at badassknives to get some ambi thumb studs. He is going to take it to Strider for me. I was told around 2 week turnaround.

They are installing the large thumb studs. To see the smaller ones, look at some of Shelby's pictures of his AR.

Have you seen the kydex sheath they make for the AR/GB? I am getting one of those too.

I went and tried to look at Shelbys pictures, but they would not load.....
So Strider will put ambi thumb studs on? Strider guys...can I just do it myself? It was easy switching the stud from one side to the other.
As far as the kydex sheath, no I have not seen it. I did see a pic of the nylon sheath, and it just my be what the doctor ordered. I have been walking around today with the AR in my pockets, trying to get a feel to see if it was comfortable there. I am finding that I can clip it to my pockets, but there is not a lot of room left over!

Aloha,
wabi

If I remember correctly you will have to send that bad boy back to the Strider guys to get them switched out.

You can send it directly to Strider and they will retrofit it for $20. FAST turnaround- I sent mine in on a Monday and had it back on Fridya.

Of course, you are in Hawaii, so add two weeks for the carrier to lose it and find it again!;)

Daniel

Back