Where to get some brass?

Hi this is DaQo'tah

I bet this question has been asked and answered before, but Im unable to do a word-search here for some reason,,,,anyway,

I need some 3/4 brass stock to make a nice big knife guard

Anybody know where I can find some?

Is there anyplace "on-line"?

I make no claim on best prices or anything like that, but I know Texas Knife has it, and I was very happy with their service. But they definitely have 3/4" stock cuz I have some sitting on floor here and I'm still too scared to try a guarded knife. :)

s sheffield kifemakers supply inc..p.o.box 741107 orange city florida 32774-1107 .....cust serv 1-904 -775-6453...they have everything..david

Originally posted by DaQo'tah Forge
Hi this is DaQo'tah

I have sent emails to each place,,,now time to sit back and see who answers....

You would be better served by getting the phone numbers from their websites, and calling them.

hi this is DaQo'tah

yes, I would love to be able to call each company, talk to a knowledgeable salesperson,,,and then compare prices...

But I go to work very, very early in the morning,,,,and come home very, very late in the evening,,,unless a company has a "night staff"...when I call I just get a recording.

for now, Im stuck with a website-only search for my knife making materials.

I have narrowed my search to 3 different companies just from you guys' advice, and that is a tremendous help to me. I am very grateful that you guys helped me out with all the names and websites.

I will waite for the best price to come in, and then place an order this weekend,,,,

(You know, this forum really does help a guy like me save time and money, as well as learn from many different view points and experiences)

DaQo'tah

No Mike, I still have this dinosour of a computer. just found some new switches to turn on.
Ken (wwjd)

hi this is DaQo'tah

I emailed the listed people, and got the needed information.

From what I learned, ragnoor your address was for now the best I can do.( one foot of 3/4 brass =$10 + $5 for shipping)

Thanks everyone for helping me out.

and if anyone reading this knows of a place that can do better let me know, I have listed this place in my Email thingy, so I will get your message,

Thanks again , DaQo'tah

http://daqotahforge.tripod.com

Back