Where to keep 'em?

So, where do you keep your knives? I've got a very safe for my firearms collection, but if I started keeping my knives in it it would be overcrowded. Currently my knives are scattered around in with stuff they sort of go with (fishing gear, camping gear) but I plan to collect some more and I'm not really sure how to store them. I'm thinking of some kind of padded box sitting on one of my closet shelves with anything really valuable in the gunsafe, later to move them to a locked cabinet whenever I move into a house. I'm interested in how y'all, especially people who have large collections, store your knives.

I don't have one yet, but soon I hope to get one of these. You can find them on ebay for much less than new; just do a search for Gerstner and see what you get.

I keep the expensive ones ($200.+) in the safe, the rest are scattered through out the house. Great to have a knife handy...have not used the one in the bathroom yet, but you never know! :rolleyes:

You said:

"I've got a very safe for my firearms collection, but if I started keeping my knives in it it would be overcrowded."

In my house, this was known as the reason to get a bigger safe...:)

See how easy that was...

jmx

For display purposes, check out http://www.tomway.com/

The only problem with these display cases that I can see is that if you're not careful what knives you select to display, the beauty of the box may very well exceed that of the knives.

Back