Where's a good source for ballistic nylon sheaths?

It's been forever since I've been on here and my knifemaker subscription has expired, so I no longer have access to the search feature... so bear with me!

After a two years of off and on work, I have finally finished my main project that started as my first knife. As it was, I ended up completing several other knives prior to this one, but I finally buckled down and wrapped it up a few weeks ago. There are still a few finish issues with it, but it's a working knife so oh well.

2j0xbw6.jpg

Now that it's completed, I need to purchase a sheath for it. I've made kydex sheaths in the past, but I have found that 1. I'm not very good at it, and 2. I don't like them as much as I thought. I purchased a Microtech Currahee a few years back, and I've absolutely loved the nylon sheath that comes with it:
2yu11eq.jpg

It has a felt-lined kydex insert for the blade, is Molle compatible, and is jump rated. I'm looking to see if I can find something simiilar for this blade. About the closest I've come so far was a sheath by blackhawk, but I don't think it would fit the thumb-stop that I have on the spine of the blade.

Any suggestions? The blade is about 6" long, and it's 1.375" wide at the thumb stop.

Thanks for the help!

-Brian

I'm looking for something similar for my RAT RC-6. I'm not that big of a fan of Kydex and nylon would work perfectly for what I need.

The Spec-Ops sheath is nice but it has velcro and that's something I'm trying to get away from since velcro wears out or gets loaded up with fluff and what-not after use. I prefer a button or clasp of some sort

I think that would be perfect for what I need. Looks like TAD Gear is out of stock but I found some here http://www.survivalsheath.com/sheaths/index.htm Spec-Ops website doesnt seem to carry this "Survival Sheath" model anymore (if they ever did).

EDIT: I just got an email from Spec-Ops stating that the above Survival Sheath has been discontinued for a while and that their 'Combat Master' sheath is the updated version that has velcro. so if you are interested in the older model (as I am) you might want to pick one up soon as they are not being made any more

Last edited:
Just purchased the survival sheath, I'll give an update on it's construction after it comes in. Thanks for the help!

Back