Which 86 cover material did you get?

I got oil sucker wood, oily creek bone, bloodwood, and gonna try for a waynorth model. Have followed bladeforums for years should have signed up earlier b/c i would really have love to have the bladeforum edition. Oh well maybe can find one on the secondary market. Gotta decide which cover material is my favorite as I may give away a few the holidays. What is everyone vote which one you think came out best?

I'm partial to the Bloodwood and the JSR Peachseed myself. Can't wait to see the Black Jack :thumbsup:

I only got the micarta one, as this particular combination of blades is not really my favorite. If the main had been a spear or a true lambfoot, I'd have bought more, I'm sure, but the lambfoot would have had to have a pen secondary, or something like that....

Nothing against this knife, as it is a wonderfully made handful, but I'm just not all that big on clip blades.

I think the sucker rod wood is the quintessential version, especially with the wrench shield.

bYVx0Ar.jpg

The only one I have right now is the sucker rod wood. I'm sure this one is going to be a big hit here at work in the oil patch! Sucker rod is steel now and to have reclaimed sucker rod wood from the first oil well in America is icing on the cake! :D

Dave

I think the sucker rod wood is the quintessential version, especially with the wrench shield.

bYVx0Ar.jpg

I agree. But I'll be planning to get the Waynorth version also, as it will be a very traditional take on the Jumbo Jack.

I got oil sucker wood, oily creek bone, bloodwood, and gonna try for a waynorth model. Have followed bladeforums for years should have signed up earlier b/c i would really have love to have the bladeforum edition. Oh well maybe can find one on the secondary market. Gotta decide which cover material is my favorite as I may give away a few the holidays. What is everyone vote which one you think came out best?
Welcome and Nice to see you posting and hope we can help you out. Also so you know you can setup your thread to get votes on folks favorite cover for the 86 which you can also use as a gauge on your choices.

I agree - I also have the bloodwood and the iridescence of the scales is spectacular. Really hard to capture it on a photo. Fit & finish is expectantly wonderful.
View attachment 1242990
Yes the fit and finish on this run is excellent!
Same here though the fit and finish on the Gunstock Jack SFO is remarkable
and oh my those Bloodwood covers can put you in a trance just gazing at them.

I scored a sucker rod (had to) and a bloodwood. That was the first time I had ever seen bloodwood and it blew my mind. That is one amazing wood that turned a great pattern into an amazing one.

Even though I'm not a fan of Jumbo Jackknives-too much weight- Barry's SFO in Bloodwood looks by far the best suited, beautiful wood and sets off a fine shield. One for fans of the Big Knife for sure :thumbsup:

They aren't all out yet. But I think so far MY favorites are the bloodwood and micarta.

I think the tortoise shell acrylic and ebony will look outstanding when they get here as well.

Back