Which actor makes the best movie villian?

musashi and torzjohnson, yes this was the infamous Miami FBI shootout. For what it's worth, the survivors of the real incident were onset advisors for the movie, the shootout at the end is virtually step by step, shot for shot what happened. It's considered on of the most realistic gun battles ever in a movie. Ed Mirales was later named L.E.O. of the year for his actions.

Robin Williams has played one or two super creepy bad guys, the name(s) of the movie(s) escape me though.

Mongo said:
Robin Williams has played one or two super creepy bad guys, the name(s) of the movie(s) escape me though.

One of those films were One Hour Photo.

And Robert Deniro makes a pretty good and beleivable bad guy.
1. The untouchables
2. goodfellas
3. heat
4. And the Fan "Have you got a little pecker"?

No one picked a female villian? Or is that villianese?

Of the current crop, Jason Isaacs has to be my favorite. He plays a great villain. The guy you love to hate. Remember him in "The Patriot"? And in "Soldier"? A very versatile actor, he also played a sympathetic Mr. Darling and likeable Captain Hook in "Peter Pan" and an American soldier in "Black Hawk Down." Also the Harry Potter series.

David Suchet in "Executive Decision"

And for a great one-off performance, Stephen Lang as "Ike Clanton" in "Tombstone" is right up there.

Mongo said:
"One Hour Photo" was a twisted movie, I didn't know whether to cry for him or what. The other was with Al Pacino in "Insomnia". I love Robin Willams but oh man!

Rutger Hauer in "The Hitcher" and "Blade Runner".

Dennis Hopper in "Blue Velvet".

Gary Busey in "Lethal Weapon".

Bette Davis in "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?"

I liked Lee Van Cleef, Pretty sinister.
LEEVANCLEEF.jpg

I agree with Torz about Bill The Butcher

fixer27 said:
And Robert Deniro makes a pretty good and beleivable bad guy.
1. The untouchables
2. goodfellas
3. heat
4. And the Fan "Have you got a little pecker"?

His role in Cape Fear was also a pretty bad character.

fixer27 said:
No one picked a female villian? Or is that villianese?
I don't know the actor's name, since the movie was Japanese, but the psycho girl in The Audition was one nasty, nasty villain.

Here are some more villains that come to mind. Some are the creepy, greazy-smooth variety that twist everything upside down in the movie. Others are just plain old-fashioned evil. The actors haven't always played this type of character, but they all played at least one villain role in their career.

Ray Liotta - Unlawful Entry

J.T. Walsh - Breakdown

Ian Richardson - House of Cards, which was a miniseries, but I couldn't leave him out

Tim Roth - Rob Roy

Willem Dafoe - X-Men and a bunch of other movies

Brad Pitt - Kalifornia

William Forsythe - Out for Justice

Here's one hell of a bad guy.
I don't know this guy's name, but he was in Sopranos. He was the guy that dated Tony's sister for a while, and one night she decided to shoot him in retaliation for him hitting her. Then Tony and co. came and disposed of the body.

This actor also appeared on "Everybody loves Raymond" as the father of that hot chick icecream girl in Italy(the episode when the entire family went to Italy).

That guy:). Whatever his name is he's got the best villain look ever. His stare could give heart attacks.

Ming65 said:
Is 'Wolf Creek' out in cinemas in the U.S. yet? I reckon John Jarrat is a canditade for the scariest villian yet.

I don't know whether Wolf Creek is out in the UK yet but i just can't picture Terry from McLeod's Daughters as an evil dude.

I agree with Michael Ironside as a great movie villain. He just has an evil looking face.

I also loved Ralph Fiennes performance as Gen. Amon Goeth in Schindler's List. Possibly his greatest performance and should have won an oscar for it.

I agree on Billy Drago, he has one creepy style about him, just saw him
in Tremors 4, yah, I know, Tremors 4 wasn't the best movie out there ;)
I liked the first one the best and the second one was so so...

But one guy that creeps me out, is that new Burger King guy,
he just shows up outside your window
shows up in bed along side that one guy
never talks, just has that big mask head on, almost as bad as a clown :)

this dude here;

burger_king.jpg

And Rutger Hauer said that his role in The Hitcher' was one that even made
him think that he was about as low a role as he'd ever played
G2

Rat,

Lee Van Cleef--great reference. Very intense.

A lot of great villians mentioned here.

I'd like to add three :
Kathy Bates in Misery. Ouch !
Billy Zane in Dead Calm.
Henry Fonda in Once Upon a Time in the West.

Take Care,
Jeff

Emanuel said:
Here's one hell of a bad guy.
I don't know this guy's name, but he was in Sopranos. He was the guy that dated Tony's sister for a while, and one night she decided to shoot him in retaliation for him hitting her. Then Tony and co. came and disposed of the body.

This actor also appeared on "Everybody loves Raymond" as the father of that hot chick icecream girl in Italy(the episode when the entire family went to Italy).

That guy:). Whatever his name is he's got the best villain look ever. His stare could give heart attacks.

David Proval was his name aka Richie Apriel in the Sopranos.

The actress from "Mommy Dearest" did a fine job at playing the villian.

Back