Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

Leaving the 940 1 home recently. bought a fact at around at the time and I took a leap. Very impressed especially by its edc capabilities.

Very surprised with the construction, alu grips with superb resistance but rounded at each top. Closed its a tad slimmer and a wee bit longer compared to the 940, long overal spearpoint tapering down to a great tip which because of the oval shape throughout tapers down to a stronger edge you would think. Also the thing is about as long as the edge is it's light and thin and bm gave it a nice bevel which I took up to 17 degrees mb at 15 but it's a bit absurd sharp for edc tasks. Prolly take it up a bit and I think 20/15 will give best edc results. Photos Inc

Edit. Man, I botched up sharpening my nine forty dash one while watching TV at the same time as doing the strokes on my apex. reprofiled another knife before this one and still had it on 15°. Didn't Even notice it before it was too late. Set a sick sharp edge on it after that but the edge looks like like a underpaid intern had a bad day and said Fuck it . photo Inc

XmgAmc1.jpg

And Here are some more pictures of it compared to the 940 http://imgur.com/gallery/CfCqvmH
HERE IS THE beast. Direct link failed me several times. It's still sharp enough to fell trees in one swipe but yeah well.. Might do 15 degrees all all the way now.
NslXROb.jpg

Last edited:
Wow you really butchered that 940-1 with that cheap crock stick sharpener!

I would throw that junk sharpener away and send that 940-1 back to Benchmade for a reblade.

I am not sure if this is a photo only thread, but I just had to say that I picked up the 570 (Presidio II) manual folder, and am really impressed. Been carrying it for the last couple days and loving it. Thanks for all the cool pictures everyone!

I am not sure if this is a photo only thread, but I just had to say that I picked up the 570 (Presidio II) manual folder, and am really impressed. Been carrying it for the last couple days and loving it. Thanks for all the cool pictures everyone!
No boss_crew, this is not a photos only thread.
I apologize for being a bit overzealous in my picture response posting of the 275 scales.
After all this is an EDC thread.
So you’re carrying a 570 Presidio II ?
Awesome knife, I’ve got one myself.
I like it for all the reasons I like the 520 and more. It’s got a bigger beefier build, its got better scales and better jimping.
Nice choice!

Wow, very nice.
I love the look of that Ultimate Experience limited edition Mini CR, That’s pretty sweet.
Congrats !

Thanks, but really, I'm just trying to keep up with all the pictures of those amazing scales you keep churning out!

I had the standard Mini CR and was more than satisfied with it (I even bought one for a friend as a birthday gift if that says anything about it), but ever since this was announced about a month (or two?) ago, I've been keeping an eye out and hoping they'd become available up here in Canada. Pretty much as soon as I saw them in-stock at a retailer up here, I couldn't help myself and snagged one while simultaneously parting ways with my standard Mini CR to help fund it/recoup some funds.

I really love the "mostly" black look with the pops of colour from the satin AXIS lock bar and the stainless pivot collar as well as the subdued hues of green in the micarta handle. It's also my first experience with micarta and my first time with it from Benchmade and already, you can count me as a fan of it! Love the in-hand feel and the layered look if this particular example! Also, F&F on it was excellent with no noticeable flaws imho. Definitely giving my Anthem a run for its money!

TL;DR: It's an awesome version of an awesome knife from Benchmade, if a tad pricey.

P.S. I'm a hockey fan and can't believe I lucked out and got #99/500!

Back