Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

Picked up a Mini-Grip for my wife and am carrying it today (funny how that works out...). Very pleased with this knife!

G5qwBcj.jpg

(908 Stryker)

Question on your experience with the Vector - I just got one recently and the AXIS action is super tensioned, requiring a lot of effort to actuate. are you getting the same thing? My two Vollis and a Mini Barrage (all assisted) are much less effort to work. I'm trying to see if there is any break in on this one still needed or if I need to send it in for a look see. Thanks in advance. Love this piece otherwise. It's my most murdery blade and I love the clip on the Vector. I call it the coffin clip for the shape and it's so out of the way it does not bother me at all! .... now looking at the clip in your photo and mine is different. I have a deep carry.

Last edited:
Question on your experience with the Vector - I just got one recently and the AXIS action is super tensioned, requiring a lot of effort to actuate. are you getting the same thing? My two Vollis and a Mini Barrage (all assisted) are much less effort to work. I'm trying to see if there is any break in on this one still needed or if I need to send it in for a look see. Thanks in advance. Love this piece otherwise. It's my most murdery blade and I love the clip on the Vector. I call it the coffin clip for the shape and it's so out of the way it does not bother me at all! .... now looking at the clip in your photo and mine is different. I have a deep carry.
Nope, I experienced no break-in period with mine. It has been smooth as silk right out of the box. I would suggest sending it back. It’s an awesome knife, love mine.
You’ll love yours even more once it’s working correctly. Mine sings as it opens “shing”.
It is true, the factory clip is great for pocket carry. However, I belt carry and with the deep carry clip the knife gives me issues when entering & exiting my vehicle. That’s a Hinderer clip.

Back