Which Busse as a Carry/Duty knife ?

hello,
can anyone recommend which Busse would be best for daily carry as a back-up knife for police/detective work?

thanks..

The Mean Street would probably be ideal.

Keep in mind that there are only a few left to be had and it may be something to jump on quickly. Call Andy Prisco (877.557.5200) and he might be able to help you get one...(me thinks he has the last ones avail)

Badger! However, I am a big guy. yeah I'd say a mean street for a normal sized guy.

For detective work, I'd also highly recommend the Mean Street. I absolutely love my DWMS, it's an awesome little knife. Mean Streets of any flavor are getting scarce, though. As Ryu mentioned, the Badgers would also work if you're a bigger guy, and in the new E-handled versions, are more available. If you want one of the earlier straight-handle versions, you'll find that they're even more scarce than the Mean Streets.

If Andy doesn't have one, give the Busse gang a call. They had a Lean Mean Street and a couple of standard Mean Streets at the Wolverine Knife Show in Novi. Dunno if they sold them all that weekend, but that would be my second guess. Also, post a wanted ad over the sale forums, and keep an eye peeled in the "For Sale" section.

------------------
Don LeHue

"You want what? On the friggen' ceiling?!" - Michaelangelo Buonarroti

I would recommend the Police Recruit. If you can find one. I bought one last month and carry it in a kydex belt sheath or a kydex neck sheath. It is very flat and easy to conceal. By the way the one that I got was one of the bead blasted variants.

Good luck finding one. LOL

Either a Mean Street Or a #3. I've got a #3 with a kydex sheath from On/Scene Tactical and a Mean Street with a sheath from Bladetech. I would check with Eric at On/Scene for sheath options. He does excellent work.
biggrin.gif

Back