1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Which companies have you abandoned for the sake of Reate?

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by SavageSick, Jan 5, 2018.

1. lcsmith84

lcsmith84

Mar 28, 2014
    I haven't abandoned any, but it has made me think twice about some purchases. I currently own a CF Liong Mah Lanny in M390, a Baby Machine and a Micro Typhoon. All three are top quality in fit and finish. Combined that with top notch designers and it's a potent combo.

Really makes you think twice about getting another sprint run PM2...

wickettedge likes this.
  2. TomR2

TomR2

May 17, 2015
    None. Love the quality of their knives. Don't always love the designs. Which means we wait for one that does appeal, and wait, and wait....

sixplymaple likes this.
  3. Rhyngard7

Rhyngard7

Aug 16, 2019
    Rikes are goodknivea for the money but with that being said Reates are amazing.Let me give you some friendly advice,enjoy the price range that you are in right now because there are a lot of good knives at that lower price range.Once you have upgraded you and tasted the good life you won’t be satisfied with lower end purchases and that can get expensive really quick.Goodluck and enjoy

4. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    Reate have really slowed down their output in 2019. So far as of August 2019 they have only released three knives under their own brand-
    Tashi T2500
    Tashi T4000
    Kirby Lambert Augustus

They have chosen to concentrate on OEM work for other makers. Which I know still has them very busy but a few more directly from them would be nice. :)

Alsharif likes this.