Which dmt stones to buy

I plan on getting the dmt bench stones but only want to buy two.Dont plan on letting the 3v blade go dull so its a question of keeping it sharp.So which two will i need ?

I used the RED (fine), and green (extra fine) on mine. that was perfect 95% of the time. If you chip the blade you would want something coarser. but in all honesty, the Red one will do fine by itself. You can get the knife very sharp with just it.

Agreed. If your sharpening skills are good and you keep the blade honed (rather than let it get fully dull) you won't need a blue stone. Personally, I have blue and red and use the red one most.

Dan

I've got the duosharp two-sided stones, course/extracourse and fine/extra fine. For reprofiling or fixing a very dull or damaged edge, you will save a lot of time by getting the course stone set. Also, there is some misinformation out there that the diasharp (continuous diamonds) are faster, and that the duosharps have less diamonds to save money. That is incorrect. In fact, due to the holes, the duosharps are faster.

I've got the duosharp two-sided stones, course/extracourse and fine/extra fine. For reprofiling or fixing a very dull or damaged edge, you will save a lot of time by getting the course stone set. Also, there is some misinformation out there that the diasharp (continuous diamonds) are faster, and that the duosharps have less diamonds to save money. That is incorrect. In fact, due to the holes, the duosharps are faster.

Those Duosharps are pretty cool. I use the red/green with good results.

I concur with the last 2 posts. Duosharps are indeed faster and are excellent benchstones!

Dan

Back