Recommendation? Which khukri is better?

I don't own any Made in Nepal Khukris.

Can anyone tell me which one is better out of these two?

1) Sherpa Sirupate ( Tora Blades )
15.5 inches blade weighing 615 grams

2) Super Sirupate (Khukri House Thamel)
16 inch blade weighing 450 gram

Links removed by staff.

I have heard good reviews about Tora Blades. But I don't know about Khukri House Thamel. A 16 inch sirupate weighing only 450 grams appeals me to me.

Tell me which one is better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Sirupate (Khukri House Thamel)
I like the weight and size,price is good
that would be my choice at least it is really up to you and your preferences go with the one you want the most.

I've got 4 Tora Khukuri's and they are top notch. Simon will take care of you if something goes south. I have a Mk2 that the handle scales were not even with the steel itself and had sharp edges. I was sent another one and told to just keep the first one. I gave it to my son to beat on and he put ranger bands over the handle, and it works great now. Awesome guarantee and warranty.

Might depend on planned use case.
Based on just the data provided I would choose Super Sirupate, to me khukri is one hand tool. Hence, lighter weight is better

Based on just the data provided I would choose Super Sirupate, to me khukri is one hand tool. Hence, lighter weight is better
But if you will be wading into a horde of screaming Mongols: you will want more blade mass...

Self defense mostly. But can chop wood if needed.

Is khukri house Thamel a legit manufacturer? Is it as good as Tora blades?

Last edited:
Trying to buy from KHHI; but the transaction generates message errors.
Any advice?
you might try a different web browser if the issue still persists then the issue is likely on their end and the only way to have it sorted would be to try and contact them direct via e mail or call

You could also look at Himalayan Imports on this forum; they regularly post drops so you can just wait until something that strikes your fancy comes along. With Nepalese Khukris it's not actual brands making them so much as brands importing them. They source the knives from individual craftsmen (called kamis) who make these knives through a very manual process and each have their own style.

I'm assuming since you are using grams and not goofy American Imperial units that you are on the European side of the pond. Tora gets a lot of love over there in terms of quality and the like. They didn't play here so well once upon a time, but that's ancient history TBH. Khukuri House, in full disclosure, used to steal pictures of Himalayan Imports products and pass them off as something they had crafted. Once again, this was LONG ago, but I'm not sure that they ever apologized. Then again, according to the late great Uncle Bill Martino of Himalayan Imports, that's kind of a common thing to happen in Nepal.

At any rate, I can't speak to these other companies as it's pretty obvious where my loyalties lie :) I do know that HI is a great company to do business with stateside as Mrs. Yangdu Martino keeps a pretty interesting stock of new and old favorites at her place of business in Reno NV. It means that US customers can receive their knives in as little as a few days instead of a month. If you're on the other side of the Atlantic, then Tora would be my pick.

However, if you want to see what HI has to offer, feel free to check out the forum here. In all honesty, the newest and coolest and freshest stock is usually sold directly here on the forum. Checking out Yangdu's Deal of The Day is great way to see a sample of such wares. She also tends to do several Day of Christmas deals in the coming weeks for the holidays.

Hope this helps:)

Trying to buy from KHHI; but the transaction generates message errors.
Any advice?
Bob and OP as well, I recommend Kailash Blades. They’re pretty active here as well so you can ask away about their knives. I like that they usually offer options on their khuks as well, e.g. blade length, scales, tang.

My Father and I bought two blades from them in the past. The quality is topnotch.

I'm assuming since you are using grams and not goofy American Imperial units that you are on the European side of the pond. Tora gets a lot of love over there in terms of quality and the like. They didn't play here so well once upon a time, but that's ancient history TBH. Khukuri House, in full disclosure, used to steal pictures of Himalayan Imports products and pass them off as something they had crafted. Once again, this was LONG ago, but I'm not sure that they ever apologized. Then again, according to the late great Uncle Bill Martino of Himalayan Imports, that's kind of a common thing to happen in Nepal.

At any rate, I can't speak to these other companies as it's pretty obvious where my loyalties lie :) I do know that HI is a great company to do business with stateside as Mrs. Yangdu Martino keeps a pretty interesting stock of new and old favorites at her place of business in Reno NV. It means that US customers can receive their knives in as little as a few days instead of a month. If you're on the other side of the Atlantic, then Tora would be my pick.

However, if you want to see what HI has to offer, feel free to check out the forum here. In all honesty, the newest and coolest and freshest stock is usually sold directly here on the forum. Checking out Yangdu's Deal of The Day is great way to see a sample of such wares. She also tends to do several Day of Christmas deals in the coming weeks for the holidays.

Hope this helps:)
Before and after you use the restroom, you’re an American. But what are you while in the restroom?

European.

(You’re-a-peein’)

Self defense mostly. But can chop wood if needed.

Tora khukuri's are mostly reproductions of original fighting blades of the Gurka's. Their blades are lighter in weight and mostly made for fighting as Simon trains with them and they need to be of a lighter weight for that specific task. He lists the weights of every specific model. Like mentioned Kailash blades also makes some nice Khukuris and they quench in oil if that matters to you and they give you a lot of options on their builds. I need a Kailash or two in my arsenal of Khukuris. The problem with some Khukuris is they may be similar to sharpened pry bars and something I would'nt want to be swinging around a lot unless your just bashing on wood. Good luck on your hunt for a nice fighting Khukuri. 👍

Back