Which maker would you like to see team up with Ka-bar?

Jonny1280

Where’s the beer?
Ka-bar has had some world class knife makers and designers to team up with in the past and present.

Is there a maker/designer you would like to see Ka-bar make productions models of?
Tell us who and why.

I'd like to see Ka-bar team up with Bill Siegle.
Or maybe a BK&T/Siegle collaboration perhaps?...
His designs really do make for high performance workers.

+1 on the cool thread idea.

I think a cool pair up would be Kabar and Peter Del Raso. He has some wonderful knives and it would be really sweet to see an American/Australian collaboration.

And again +1 on both of the above makers/designers. Especially Mr. Siegle..

I think Jonny hit the nail on the head with the Siegle collaboration. Jonny's big boloish Becker handled chopper is about a sweet a blade as I've ever seen, held, swung...just absolutely badass!!! I have a shorter version with a great handle from Bill that is an awesome blade that is in my opinion the perfect camp knife. It's tough as nails with Bill's 5160 heat treat and small enough to do the fine work with little effort. I'd love to see a Becker handle slapped on that beast too.

I'm on the road to Arizona as we speak! But I'll try to find some pics...

I believe Bill said mine was a JEST inspired design.

You guys are making me blush! :) Thank you for the very kind words. I am gonna go wait by the phone now just in case Kabar calls :D

Chris Reeve
CR KA-BAR Green Beret would be cool.
Well and folders ... yeah, if a little bit downgraded maybe.

You guys are making me blush! :) Thank you for the very kind words. I am gonna go wait by the phone now just in case Kabar calls :D

No you don't. Get back to grinding, we can all use a few more of your knives. :)

n2s

Legend has it that Chuck Norris was bitten by a rattlesnake once. After two days of convulsions, hallucinations and muscle contractions, the snake finally died.:smile:

Randall Made. To make a Damascus steel Kabar with a wider, thicker blade and tang. Stacked sections of Ivory, Brass, and Micarta for the handle as opposed to leather. Perhaps a brass guard and pommel as well? Never going to happen though. :p

Shane Sibert. The fixed blade and large folders he would come up with within the Ka Bar context would be astonishing

Legend has it that Chuck Norris was bitten by a rattlesnake once. After two days of convulsions, hallucinations and muscle contractions, the snake finally died.:smile:

That story was later proven to be inaccurate. The one bitten was the snake and it was bitten by none other than our very own TRADEWATER!!! :D

I was planning to suggest Ken Onion, since I like his designs for Kershaw and CRKT, but I'm gonna jump on the Bill Siegle bandwagon...

Back