which one

Recently I've gooten into this knife thing pretty heavy, and i'm on the process of putting together a collection of fixed blades, that stand up to hard use. I've got a rndall and a strider, and was just curious if you were only going to get one Busse which it would be.
Thanks for the input.

If I was to get only one Busse it would be the Natural Outlaw. I use it the most and I believe it is the most well rounded performer. It is not too long or too heavy to carry on long trips. It will chop and do jobs only larger blades should do because it is built WAY more bomb proof than any other blade I have seen of the same size.

I love my steel heart too, but it gets left at home more than my NO. I guess the NO performs just fine for what I need it to do. It is one tough bass-**** for it's size. :D

Jeez, I can't belive the word t u r d got sensored!

Of the Busses I own, I carry and use the natural Outlaw the most, for the reasons set forth above. With that said, I would get the Steel Heart of i could have just one. It is about the perfect balance of big without being too big has absolutly beautiful proportions and is the Busse that is displayed on the company logo. Oh yeah, it one heck of a knife as well.

Another Natural Outlaw vote. Not too big (opinion only) and balances (and fits) perfectly in the hand. An "all-time" great.

My recommendation also goes to the Steel Heart:)

It sounds like Jerry's got something up his sleeve for hunters though, maybe you should stay tuned:cool:

If I was going to have only one Busse, it would probably be the Steel Heart E.

But, I'm very interested in what is coming next!! I would
love to have a Busse Hunter:(

I have a couple of comments for you harley45.
First, which Busse IMHO depends on what your needs, uses or interests are. Utility, defensive, camping, collecting etc... I would recommend a different one for each of these purposes. If you are looking for something to be representative of Busse knives in your collection of various makers as it sounds to me that you are doing, then I think the Battle Mistress is the most representative of what Busse knives are all about.

Now Having given you a fair suggestion here is a fair warning, Busse knives seem to be VERY social and like company. Specifically, they like company of their own kind, namely other hunks of sharp INFI. And here's the dangerous part, I'm not totally sure on this I'm still doing the research(ordering more knives) but these Busse knives seem to have the ability to use some sort of Jedi mind tricks on their owners to get you to surround them with more of their INFI friends. Think about it, it's very rare that you see Busse knives alone. Weird, HUH??? Proceed cautiously. Have you noticed that at the bottom of the Busse on-line order form there is a box you can check for "all of the above" In fact, in German there is no singular tense for the word Busse :eek:

Steel Heart.

Flagship blade. Just right size for ability to tackle large blade chores, and still have a high degree of small blade dexterity.

Try to find a show where you can handle several models.

The current "E"-handled models fit some people quite fine, while other people prefer the old straight-handled models (in the Steel Heart I prefer the straight handles.)

Good luck in your quest for your first Busse.

Mike

WOW, thanks for all the replies guys I think I give the steel hart a place in my collection, Which by the way will only have users in it no safe queens, half the fun of owning them is usuing them.

Harley,
I'm going to go against the grain here a little and say pick up one of the current variants that are popping up. Contact Marc and see if he has anything he can share with you regarding new pieces and get one.

Here's my logic, they are limited so you may be the only person that has one just like it, they are Busse and INFI so they remain extremely useable, they will not be around forever(ie Jerry may decide that he's had enough of the variants for a while and take a break, therefore grab them while you can :D).

This will get you into the World of Busse, and you can have a special piece while you're at it.

Here's Marc's email address marc@bussecombat.com

Good luck, let us know what you decide.

pick up one of the current variants
Good answer! I think Erics got the best suggestion yet err a (what am I thinking more people vying for the variants, no no no bad Idea) errrr variant? on second thought Eric I can think of LOTS of reasons he shouldn't get a variant, Steel Heart, yeah that's it Steel heart, definitely get a steel heart.;)

Hunter,
LOL :D:D

That's my answer, and I'm stickin' to it :D:D

Variant Variant Variant... Everyone join in...

:D:D

Back