which SAK model is this one?

tnozh

Banned
Hi,

I was recently given this SAK:

unknown-SAK.jpg

Does anyone here know which model this is (or where I could look this up)?

Thanks!

Nordic Viking said:
Geez, it looks like a Camper but with scissors :confused:

Idd. Damn, wish I had scissors on my Camper.

It's prolly a Huntsman, but he didn't see the hook, or it broke off before he got it.

an old huntsman, from the time the scissors layer was without hook, I suppose...

choubbi said:
an old huntsman, from the time the scissors layer was without hook, I suppose...

Salut Choubbi,

I still am not sure what model this is, but it was acquired from Victorinox's US rep (Swiss Army Brands, Inc) in 2005 for sure.

I am glad that this one seems to be somewhat of a challange to the expert forumites here - at least I am not the only one scratching my head :confused:

Regards,

a+

TN

tnozh said:
Salut Choubbi,

I still am not sure what model this is, but it was acquired from Victorinox's US rep (Swiss Army Brands, Inc) in 2005 for sure.

I am glad that this one seems to be somewhat of a challange to the expert forumites here - at least I am not the only one scratching my head :confused:

Regards,

a+

TN
No challenge here. It's a Huntsman made before 1991.

There appears to be a flute in the corkscrew; so that went out IIRC the late 80's/early 90's.

There's a hole in the awl; so that is later 80's/early 90's.

The scissors appear to be using a screw in the pivot instead of a rivot; but hard to tell from the picture. This was phased out around 1992 to 1993 (based on some pictures).

I can't see if there is a channel where the scissors spring, contacts the other side of the handle, but that is another way to narrow down a date.

In order words, you have a Huntsman model that dates pre-1990ish. :D

Well, I'm too late to show off ;) , but it's definitely an 80's Huntsman. I have an economy Huntsman which I bought about '87, the difference being that the economy one didn't have the toothpick & tweezers, and had the simpler, moulded & painted Swiss Cross motif. It also cost a few pounds less, a major factor in my descion making as a teenager! :)

bquinlan said:
I built a little tool that can be handy for questions like this:

Victorinox Selector

You can select a combination of features and it will show you all the models that match.

--Bob Q

That is the freaking stuff man!!!!

What a nice job you did.

WOW!!!

Thanks for that bquinlan. That will help me decide on a few new models :)

Peace,
SAKguy
:D

SAKguy said:
That is the freaking stuff man!!!!

What a nice job you did.

WOW!!!

Thanks for that bquinlan. That will help me decide on a few new models :)

I'm glad you like it and especially glad that you're finding it useful!

I built it because I wished I had something like it. Now that I've put all that work into it I'm happy that others can get some use out of it too.

I've already gotten more out of it than I expected. Being able to generate side-by-side comparisons has allowed me to fine-tune my EDC. I used to switch around between a SwissChamp, a CyberTool 41, and a Super Tinker, but I have now settled on a Craftsman as being the closest to my ideal feature set. And I've discovered that the Outrider is basically a locking Super Tinker (well, with a wood saw added). It has been educational. :)

--Bob Q

Back